Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd thru Fort Hunter Liggett
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd thru Fort Hunter Liggett

Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd thru Fort Hunter Liggett

My first road trip of any substance. The bike traveled on the $100 Harbor Freight hitch rack to our friends place at Lake Nacimiento, CA. The rack work well by the way. Was there for three days and one of the mornings I investigaed a route from the lake to the coast on Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd. through Fort Hunter Liggett. Jeez, I live in a beautiful place. The total ride was just over 100mi and the TW was a fantastic choice. I was alone and did not hesitate to stop or hang a u-turn and go back to check something out. My first time in that area and I can't wait to go back and explore some more. The TW returned 112mpg that day as part of my being solo and having nobody else to piss off included plenty of hypermiler tricks.

Phone photos do not do the scenery justice coupled with the fact that my photography skills need help but I've posted three just for fun.

TW-Brian, admiral and r80rt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    Jeez, I live in a beautiful place.

Thanks for the pictures and the reminder.

California certainly has it's problems and many urban areas are anything but beautiful, but everyone who lives in California is no more than an hour or so from vast areas of spectacular, unspoiled natural beauty. I too often take this for granted, so thanks again for reminding me.

Brian
    chris209 likes this.

agreed it is a beautiful area! be warned riding there inspired my dad and i to ride the west coast.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...al-forest.html
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've been on that road by car. That entire King City area, west to Hunter Liggett and east to Clear Creek are really special.

Added after looking at a map: Correction, I haven't been on that road. I was on Jolon Rd. which isn't to far away but I just put the N/F road on my "roads to ride list." There are also some campgrounds in the area.....
    Last edited by elime; 09-03-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Nice ride and beautiful pics, thanks for sharing them with us. 112 mpg, not too shabby. It's amazing what a few hypermile techniques can do.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

always wanted to see hearst's hunting cabin/estate on that property. Hey sidways (op) any interest in joining some locals in a ride in october out of Ukiah?
    josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Last March some pals wanted to meet up for a moto/hike/camp style trip, and I picked Nac/Ferg off the map by closing my eyes and sticking a finger on the map. Don't forget the ridge road that runs for miles north & south, dirt, fantastic views of the Pacific. We camped up Nacimiento Cr and had a blast. There's about 10 miles of very twisty turny 1 lane tarmac from the coast over the pass. You're not allowed off road in Hunter-Leggett -live fire at times. Great area!!
    2004 T-dub, 15/50-68 dual sprocket, modded carb, kickstart, weldment footpegs, EK o-ring chain, Shinko 241 front tire, Duro PG rear, Ride-on seal/balance f&r, Pro Taper bars w/ PG grips, folding mirrors, XT350 tank, f&r Cycleracks, Saddlemens gel seat insert, VisionX LED driving lights, TCI pan/guards, 230cc six speed engine/trans, Jimbo Shield (smoke); ongoing monkeyshinin'

Wow Vagabond that finger of yours has great vision. Saw many dirt roads and wanted to explore but my time was limited. Would like to know more about the ridge road you mentioned. Many of the dirt roads had street marker and names but I was not certain if it was okay to be on them.

Great ride, you do indeed live in a beautiful place.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

I must have missed you as I came through Monterey down Big Sur and to the top of Naciamento/fergusson road on labor day.
    T shirt weather all the way down the coast.
    Too many flies when I stopped at the top of N/F road

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links