The leaves they are a changin'.....
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Wingnut

Thread: The leaves they are a changin'.....

The leaves they are a changin'.....

Got out today for a quickee in central Utah. I was surprised that the leaves were not changing as much I had expected. In a week or so they will be really good.

There has been a ton of rain over the past several weeks in central Utah, not as much as the tragic/devastating flooding in Colorado, but the trails and mountain roads are showing the signs of some pretty strong runoff.

You are cruising along enjoying the view and then you hit a series of these "shock-testers" it wakes you up for sure!

I got off the mountain road and headed up one of my favorite ATV trails and ran into this crazy runoff erosion!!

It is hard to tell, but in some places this was 3.5 to 4 feet deep. I would have loved to seen the storm and the wall of water that formed this new mini grand canyon!!

One last parting shot of the hills.

Last edited by Wingnut; 09-18-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    retmotor, B-dub, Joemama and 5 others like this.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Wow, that's some major trail erosion! I'd hate to hit that not realizing it was there.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawgj View Post
    Wow, that's some major trail erosion! I'd hate to hit that not realizing it was there.
    those ruts would wake you up.... with a faceplant breakfast

utah is another place on my list, beautiful. thanks for sharing
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful pics! I love the fall colors. We've had quite a bit of rain down here, too. Everything's greening up nicely. You've really been on some beautiful rides, lately. Thanks for taking us along!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Looks really beautiful. Always gotta watch out for mother nature's rain gutters! Again, so many places, so little time!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Yep, absolutely amazing scenery. I work a lot out of state in the mid west. Many of my co workers ask why I live in Utah. All I have to do is show them some of these amazing ride reports and they get it.

What area were you traveling through. Perhaps around Huntington/Scofield area?

Thanks again for sharing

[QUOTE=FishByte;85671]Yep, absolutely amazing scenery. I work a lot out of state in the mid west. Many of my co workers ask why I live in Utah. All I have to do is show them some of these amazing ride reports and they get it.

What area were you traveling through. Perhaps around Huntington/Scofield area?

Fishbyte - It was down on the Fish Lake National Forest, west of Koosharem UT.

Senior Member BugSpatteredJacket's Avatar
    Awesome Pictures!

Just one week to go before I collect my TW (FINALLY) and am looking forward to tying it out in areas like yours someday!
    BugSpatteredJacket
    Hidden Content

Sponosred Links