Last Big Trip, at least at this elevation.
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Drifter

Thread: Last Big Trip, at least at this elevation.

Last Big Trip, at least at this elevation.

tinman tim and r80rt like this.
    1994 TW

Had but regrettably sold a 1982 KZ1000R Eddie Lawson Replica

Nice! My wife has family in Lewiston and Clarkston. That is beautiful country.

Thanks for the pics, not only some beautiful scenery, but some cool sights as well. That's a neat bridge, and the log cabin is also cool. Looks like you were up in the clouds. Any idea what elevation you were at there?

Nice bike. If I remember correctly, my bike was built in late '94, but licensed as a '95. I love that old bike, and see no reason to go with anything newer. So, the '94's and '95's are near and dear to my heart.

Thanks for the report, I hope you can share more before the snow flies! That could be anytime. A friend told me they got snowed on near Panguitch over the weekend. Another friend posted a picture of Wheeler Peak in Great Basin National Park and it had quite a blanket of snow. Man, I'm not ready for this. Where did all the time go?
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Thanks B-dub. The elevation on the main river with the pack bridge/trail is 2,800 ft. The elevation at the cabin is just over 7,000. I covered close to 300 miles in 4 days. I am really looking into a different seat.
    1994 TW

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

beautiful pics. Can't wait to get out there some day. Thanks for posting. TIM
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

I hope that cabin has indoor plumbing, it'd be a rough night if you took a wrong turn on the way to the outhouse! Probably well worth the risk for that view though.

Great pics, thanks for posting.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Gorgeous views, absolutely beautiful, me like. Do tell where this ride took place and the cabin. Kinda wondering if the cabin is near an old lookout location. ...and the bridge. Does this bridge lead to a riding trail? I wish I had my TW when I lived in Lewiston. I would have ridden it almost all year round commuting to work and such.

One day, I'd love to ride my TW from my locale through Hell's Canyon, Joseph/Enterprise, up to Asotin and on into the LC Valley. Stay overnight (down by the river), and then take the back roads back on the Idaho side. Gotta see the old radar site on top of Cottonwood Butte don't-cha-know! Oh, I almost forgot, gotta ride the old spiral highway too. Downhill of course!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Gorgeous views, absolutely beautiful, me like. Do tell where this ride took place and the cabin. Kinda wondering if the cabin is near an old lookout location. ...and the bridge. Does this bridge lead to a riding trail? I wish I had my TW when I lived in Lewiston. I would have ridden it almost all year round commuting to work and such.

One day, I'd love to ride my TW from my locale through Hell's Canyon, Joseph/Enterprise, up to Asotin and on into the LC Valley. Stay overnight (down by the river), and then take the back roads back on the Idaho side. Gotta see the old radar site on top of Cottonwood Butte don't-cha-know! Oh, I almost forgot, gotta ride the old spiral highway too. Downhill of course!
    Thanks admiral,The majority of the trip took place on the Northfork of the Clearwater River, up by Kelly Creek Ranger Station. We were only 50 miles from Superior, Montana. The bridge trail is a riding trail also, but some spots the rear tire was bigger than the trail. I only went up a couple of miles, and not to mention the drop offs were extremely far. So the reward was not worth the risk. I lived to ride another day. The "Cold Springs Cabin " was a cabin for a fire lookout a long time ago, but the lookouts no longer there.
    1994 TW

Great pic's! it is that time of the year. They are saying snow down to 7000' Wed nite along the Wasatch Front here in N. Utah.

Sponosred Links