TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Craigie Creek Crawl

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  trailscout 
#1 ·
Here find a video of a TW trip up craigie creek trail near Wasilla Alaska. This is an old mining road that was built quite along time ago and has deteriorated quite a lot over the last century. Was about 25 degrees...raining down lower and About half way up it was snowing pretty good but the trail was rough enough that it didn't matter. Drove past a handful of mining relics and an old cabin. The gate over the pass to this trail was closed just a day or two after this trip. One of my favorite tw trips. Good times.

#2 ·
thanks so much for taking us along.

#3 ·
Every video I watch, just makes me want to go out, start the bike, and GO GO GO ! :eek:nthego:

Reactions: vegasdesertrat
#5 ·
Great video, I hope it didn't take you long to thaw out after the ride.

#7 ·
That was awesome. I always enjoy riding in Alaska with you. The old mining relics and cabins are cool. That trail is kind of gnarly in places, with all the rocks, but you handled them very well. I appreciate the extra effort you put in to making your videos interesting and enjoyable. I'll bet you ride the trail 2 1/2 times by the time you drop the camera, turn around and go back, then turn around, ride by the camera, then go back and pick up the camera. You also have a flair for picking the interesting shots. I liked the shot of the water flowing through the culvert, the underwater shot, and the shot up through the trees. Thanks for a very enjoyable video. I've watched it twice, and will come back to it again, I'm sure.

#10 ·
As others have mentioned, certainly an entertaining video riding a motorcycle we can relate too. I love running across old mining stuff. I kinda like riding in the snow too, if it ain't too wet and goof up the goggles. Thanks for the video.

#11 ·
Excellent ride and the video is awesome.
You are an exceptional movie maker.
Thx for sharing.

Just a thought, the culvert pipe, it is a natural panning machine.
In So. Cal. a business related friend told me of a guy on his lunch break
would go out to where the water exits those type of pipes.
In the low spots of the pipe he would find small pieces of gold.
He had a nice size vial of flakes over time.:icon_biggrin:

Just saying,
VDR

#12 ·
Generally that's true riffles like that do trap gold, but that valley is notable for historically not producing any placer gold. Its dynamite or nothing. Next valley over does have some amount of placer gold. Also that culvert is enormous and has huge riffles which are not the right size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.