TW200 Rubicon ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: TW200 Rubicon ride

Rubicon ride part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAbFGE1dg_s

Part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6fZVGFIRJo&feature=fvw

I found this while poking about the innerneck.

Phelonius

This site would not let me post three at once so I shall have to make another post to finish.
    Phelonius

Part three http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMcp4...eature=related

Okay here is the last part

Phelonius
    Phelonius

I wanna do that ride...... great vids, thanks for sharing
    2009 WR250R

2005 V-Strom

1993 Shadow 1100 with Ural sidecar

2008 H-D Ultra Classic

2009 Zuma 125

2004 Zuma 50

2000 WR400F

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You should have gone about a month ago with Adam and his friend. It is something you will never forget.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Our forum member/Fireman sure did a supurb job in putting that video together, LOTS of time spent. A big THANK YOU to Daisydela. Many of us know of "On Any Sunday". This production might be called "A Saturday, Never forgotten". Gerry

P.S..... Adam, still waiting on the pics/videos of your followup adventure.
    Take care my Friend.........

[QUOTE=Gerry;6955][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"]Our forum member/Fireman sure did a supurb job in putting that video together, LOTS of time spent. A big THANK YOU to Daisydela. Many of us know of "On Any Sunday". This production might be called "A Saturday, Never forgotten". Gerry

Hi guys: Really a nice 3 part trip with daisydela and mr.gizmo. The music, well I really liked part 2 with "Pipeline" by the Ventures.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

"Hi guys: Really a nice 3 part trip with daisydela and mr.gizmo. The music, well I really liked part 2 with "Pipeline" by the Ventures".

I can't lay claim to doing more than a few hundred feet of the Rubicon. That sample suggested to me 'the trail' was far more difficult than expected. Currently, the real Rubicon adventurers on the Daisydela video are Adam and Elime. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    "Hi guys: Really a nice 3 part trip with daisydela and mr.gizmo. The music, well I really liked part 2 with "Pipeline" by the Ventures".

I can't lay claim to doing more than a few hundred feet of the Rubicon. That sample suggested to me 'the trail' was far more difficult than expected. Currently, the real Rubicon adventurers on the Daisydela video are Adam and Elime. Gerry
    Hi Gerry: I saw Elimes pict at the beginning, and would definitely like to know his impressions of the ride. Way too rough for me these days. That was 15-25 years ago for me on a bike. ATV's a bit different. The TDub continues to be a ride I like, despite it's insufficiences, I find it a vehicle I can play with to get the most out of it for any given circumstance. As an "oldster", don't necessarily need the power of old, though sometimes say, I got to buy another bike with"more"(and probably will).
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    You should have gone about a month ago with Adam and his friend. It is something you will never forget.
    Hi elime: Really would like your take on this particular adventure for better or worse. Just a Dogonit.

Quote Originally Posted by dogonit View Post
    Hi elime: Really would like your take on this particular adventure for better or worse. Just a Dogonit.
    It was difficult but not impossible. At the time I had just taken up riding a motorcycle again after about 40 years off, not in the best of shape, and 61 or 62 years old. It took pretty much all day but I was riding with some great guys and it was a lot of fun. I fell over so many times I lost count, most of the time landing on large flat pieces of granite but avoiding all the sharp corners. I think if I did it today I would do much better. I have been challenging myself at the "local" (60 miles away) off road park and I can see and measure improvement in my abilities, however I am now 67. I often look in the mirror and ask myself "Am I to old to be doing this?" but I always go out to ride some more and I really enjoy single track.

Given my new found abilities I dream of trying it again. There is a mystique to the Rubicon Trail. People come from all over to test their abilities and machines. The scenery is spectacular -- pictures do not do it justice. Some of the rock crawling machines unbelievable. There were several broken down vehicles on the trail and riding by them -- I will sum it up by saying I am glad it wasn't me. We were ill prepared -- lack of water, food, Tylenol -- and total strangers willing shared what they had with us.

Adam was by far the best rider in the group and could have made it without help, but not me or David, the other guy. When we got back to camp my legs felt like they were full of glue. My hands were so stiff I had trouble straightening my fingers. My turn signals were broken and many pieces of metal on my bike were bent. I had dreamed of riding the Rubicon Trail for many years and this was the first time I could. All I can say is I still dream of that day and what an absolutely great time I had and the very fine people I met -- Mr. Gizmo, Adam, David, and Shawndorf. I dream about riding it again, from Loon Lake to Lake Tahoe. I think now I could ride the trail in about half the time and do it easily (famous last words) -- but I look in the mirror and ask myself "should I ?" -- I probably would give it a try. You know, ride in a mile of so and evaluate if I should go further, then another mile, then another, until I was half way then it would be shorter to continue than go back.

If you have a specific question ask and I will try to answer it. Tony.
    Last edited by elime; 10-20-2014 at 04:21 AM.
    bananachunks and dogonit like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links