Explorin' Mineral Cemetery and Stuff - October 2013
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Explorin' Mineral Cemetery and Stuff - October 2013

Explorin' Mineral Cemetery and Stuff - October 2013

I've been to Mineral a couple times before, (https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...e-vid-end.html & https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...s-mineral.html), but you always miss stuff.

After my first time in the area, forum member jfletcb pointed out "If you ever go back, keep an eye out on the lower half, where the creek is near the road for a washed out wooden bridge if you cross and follow the road , theres an old graveyard back there."

So I just had to go back. Summer Hell's Canyon fires threatened the area, but did not reach Mineral.

First the video

Didn't see the wooden bridge, but I found the way across the creek and found the graveyard

Found 3 headstones ...if you will. What the heck is this?

Turns out it is a special "Treestone" for "Woodmen of the World" a fraternal/insurance organization

Very interesting. I've never seen a "Treestone" before. Dum Tacet Clamet "though silent he speaks” or “here rests a Woodman of the World.”
    More info on Woodmen of the World here: Woodmen | Cemeteries and Cemetery Symbols

View from above near the cemetery of what remains of Mineral Idaho

Fall colors in Mineral

...and the stuff! Did a little geocaching too. Cache is in a tire at the base of that telephone thingy.

My cache helper

Happy Trails!
    Braden, r80rt, elime and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

As always, great pics and video Admiral! Georgie sure hangs in there very well, even at the higher speeds. Was that "Peter Gunn" detective soundtrack? And of course "Pink Panther" You always have something original and interesting Admiral! Thank you! What was in the Cache this time? What did you leave there?

Makes me want to move to Idaho. I'm glad to see that your best buddy is doing OK.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Found 3 headstones ...if you will. What the heck is this?
    Turns out it is a special "Treestone" for "Woodmen of the World" a fraternal/insurance organization

Very interesting. I've never seen a "Treestone" before. Dum Tacet Clamet "though silent he speaks” or “here rests a Woodman of the World.”
    More info on Woodmen of the World here: Woodmen | Cemeteries and Cemetery Symbols
    i've seen one of those before in a cemetery near here... roughly the same time frame, but definitely more urban setting. next time i'm out that way i'll see if it's the same and get a picture of it.

cool ride, thanks again for beautiful shots of inspiring beauty
    Last edited by joeband; 10-16-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Georgie sure hangs in there very well, even at the higher speeds.
    Was that "Peter Gunn" detective soundtrack?
    What was in the Cache this time? What did you leave there?
    I amazed that she sits down so much of the time, even on some of the rougher stuff.

Peter Gunn, you got it! Took me forever to remember the name. Tune was in my head, not the name.

Found a couple of fishing things and a plastic capsule with something in it. I didn't open it. Took nothing, but left a pen. Other pen didn't work. I also took a replacement container for it cause the previous cacher's said stuff inside was wet. Not knowing what size or where exactly the cache was, my container was to large. I tried! Put a rock under the container to help keep it out of the water. It was inside the tire.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by rmcglad55 View Post
    Makes me want to move to Idaho. I'm glad to see that your best buddy is doing OK.
    Or at least visit...during the summer Can you see the added gray around georgie's mouth and above her eye's. She gettin older and grayer, just like me!

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    i've seen one of those before in a cemetery near here... roughly the same time frame, but definitely more urban setting. next time i'm out that way i'll see if it's the same and get a picture of it.

cool ride, thanks again for beautiful shots of inspiring beauty
    I guess the "Treestones" come in different styles and shape's, but pretty interesting to stumble upon something. When I was google earth searching for the cemetery, I could see something white where I thought the cemetery was, now I know for sure. Be interesting to see what you come up with. Also, before I got home, I thought they person was a logger 'er sumpin, but ended up being a club(ish). Good thing I could understand what the Latin was and looked it up! Again, lernt sumpin new today.

I lernt sumpin new today, too! Interesting about the headstone, and the Woodmen fraternity. Now, if I ever see a similar headstone I'll know what it's all about. Great video, I like the variety of shots. The tank mount makes the TW sound like a pretty healthy race bike. I would say Georgie is one lucky dog. She gets out more than me, and gets to see some beautiful scenery and some pretty cool places. Thanks for sharing your ride with us, Admiral. Very enjoyable, as always.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Very interesting, Admiral!

I wish Idaho wasn't so far away! Maybe someday I will take a long drive and see it for myself.

You had a tank mount and a helmet mount -- were you using two cameras or one camera in different places?

Is that a Garmin Etrex Vista? Does the dust or vibration hurt it?

I picked up two Vistas off ebay for a song. When I checked the way points in them they were for places in Baghdad. They both work.

As always, I enjoyed your video and pictures. Keep 'em coming so us urban people can see what we are missing.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links