Planning my inaugural overnight.
Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Planning my inaugural overnight.

Planning my inaugural overnight.

Time for my inaugural ride and camp trip on the TW. Iím set to for 240+ miles of northeast Texas cotton and cow towns. Starting in Midlothian, TX and finishing on the Trinity River near downtown Dallas. Along the way Iíll be keeping my eye out anything of historic or architectural interest. The bike is still largely stock. I have added an Action Packer, LED brake light, and a Coleman seat pad. Usually when Iím road tripping with the family, weíre all too anxious to stop and take in the back country sights. So this trip is dedicated to those sights. What Google Maps says is a 5 hour trip is going to take me 2 days. Iíve got gas stations, banks, school houses, trestles, a depot, and a ton of dirt road to explore and photograph. Iíll spend my night tarp camping at Purtis Creek SP, something Iíve also never done before. I'll be departing early next week if the weather permits, but I'll be checking back in with pics of my load plan updates and a shakedown of the tarp tent setup before I leave. This is why I bought this bike, to enjoy things off the beaten path, and I can't wait.

The Route
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

For some reason, I feel like I should say Thank You! Even though we haven't seen the report or pics, I feel this ones going to be good!!

so..

Thank you!!
    vegasdesertrat likes this.

No, thank you LT. I've done nothing but take from this forum so far. I just hope I can equally return the favor.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Lookin' forward to a little Texas ride report, learning about some history, buildings and stuff. As big as the state is, you'd think we'd hear more.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

It's just that you have it planned so well, with the main emphasis on taking your time, and going and getting the history info, and pics that we all love on this forum. I really am looking forward to this one. God Bless you TW brother and have a great time. Drive slow so you can take lots of pictures!

Lots of good folks on this forum, everyones so helpful.
    Mel and vegasdesertrat like this.

not sure what your overnight temps are but dress and stay warm! Enjoy and look forward to seeing your pics....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Sounds like a blast. This type of ride is addictive, you'll do many more of them.
    The adventure begins when the plan goes to hell!
    MCC1776 and vegasdesertrat like this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Have fun! I am also looking forward to the ride report.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Yes! Giddyup! Can't wait for the report! I'll live vicariously through you as my Minnesota riding season comes to a cold end. Watch out for natyre's speed bump...the armadillo!
    Cheers!
    Patrick

Got the tarp tent all finished. Practiced configuring it in my front yard by the light of my front porch flood lights tonight. I've got three main configurations that I'll post pictures of with a DIY write up come Monday when I've got some spare daylight again. $30 well spent. Temps are dipping down the two days I'll be gone. Good, the tarp tent needs a challenge.
    DonBenito, B-dub and r80rt like this.
    1987 TW200

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links