Veterans Day Ride
Close

My neighbor has been giving me a hard time ever since I sold my Roadking, GL1800 Goldwing, and my Heritage Springer, telling me that I have no bike left to take on "long day trips". He still rides his Heritage softail (which has less miles on the odometer than I put on my TW200 this year

Anyway, I jumped on the TW and said lets go! He couldn't back down or he'd loose face with all his Harley buddies.

I led him over hwy 17 into santa cruz, then up hwy 1 to monterey! I told him I was just getting warmed up! We continued up the coast to Big Sur and had lunch, then continued to Lucia, ragget point, San Simeon, Hurst Castle, Jade Cove, all the way up to the edge of San Luis Obispo to a little coastal town called "HARMONY" Population 19 people! We then turned around and backtracked all the way home to San Jose!

By the time we got home he was no longer speaking to me

I wonder how long it will take him to get over it?

All in a days work for...

Igofar

Hey - whats wrong with Mutt and Jeff? I paired up with an old school chum for a ride across central Illinois. He came on his heritage Harley, and I on my modest TW200. I rode a bit faster than usual and he rode a bit slower. We ended the ride with a temporary trade of bikes which really accentuated the difference. I didn't kick his behind, but we both finished the day with a better appreciation of what we ride and why we ride. Its all about the air going by your head. I'm a farm kid and I felt like I was riding a cornpicker on the Harley. It was dependable, strong, and a bit noisy, and not as much work as I expected it to be, but I was not ready to trade him (if I could have only one bike). But then again we can always change our riding habits and priorities. To each his own. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Next time take your camera along.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What you're describing sounds like a several day ride. (I'd also consider the ride from Monterey to Big Sur "down" (south) the coast instead of "up" the coast, but maybe that's me who has always referred to a southerly rooute as "down.") I'm calculating this ride is a bit over 300 miles roundtrip. If you did that on a TW in a day, you're a candidate for the "Iron Butt" award!

I realize that JBFla is asking for photos of California, and not Illinois bean fields but I had intended to post a pic of the Harley TW pairing that I described. That ride convinced me I needed a road bike in addition to the TW, but not a Harley-D. I love being a minumalist and enjoy both my TW and my Vulcan 500.

Somewhere East of Springfield Illinois. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Sponosred Links