Calling all PHX area T-dubbers! (and anybody else who feels like going!)
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DonBenito

Thread: Calling all PHX area T-dubbers! (and anybody else who feels like going!)

Calling all PHX area T-dubbers! (and anybody else who feels like going!)

So I find myself with a long weekend from 11-23 through 11-26, and I'm thinking it'll be an ideal time to ride the TW up to Lake Pleasant to camp a couple nights.

I'd like to spend some time fishing, and of course I plan on doing the ride up to Crown King and wherever else looks like fun.

If anyone up that way feels like joining me for the ride I'd love the company. I haven't decided if I'm gonna ride to Crown King on Sunday or Monday yet, so if you think you might be in for one or the other lemme know.

If anyone else would be interested in camping it's easy to reserve/pay for camp sites ahead of time online. Could be a little TW-Jamboree!

Either way, I think I'm gonna enjoy myself at Lake Pleasant a lot more with the current weather than I would have if I'd gone a few months ago.
    r80rt likes this.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

I'm quite a ways from Lake Pleasant or I'd join you. Be fun to meet someone from the forum. If it's ok I could post on a local forum that has a few TW owners on it. Or you could post also.

wheresthenextadventure.com - Index page

I am very familiar with most of the trails from Prescott, Mayer, Black Canyon City, Morristown, Wickenburg, Yarnell. Ridden most everything that those towns circle. Some of it is pretty knarly. But the ride from Lake Pleasant to Crown King is nice and laid back. Now if you're talking going by way of TipTop or Lane, that's another story.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Trailscout......thanks for the link, looks like a good place to learn about Arizona rides and meet Arizona riders.....

Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi, I plan to be in Arizona about that time and will be staying at Mayer. Will be bringing a TW. Would like to meet other folks that ride these bikes and will keep in touch through the message board.
    Milo

Quote Originally Posted by texroc View Post
    Hi, I plan to be in Arizona about that time and will be staying at Mayer. Will be bringing a TW. Would like to meet other folks that ride these bikes and will keep in touch through the message board.
    Milo
    Swing by and pick me up I'll go too.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by trailscout View Post
    Swing by and pick me up I'll go too.
    OK, Will do. I want to try to find the trail I rode up to Crown King on a couple years ago. I don't think I could make it on a TW but would do it again on a Rokon if I had company. It was pretty scarry in places.
    Milo

Quote Originally Posted by trailscout View Post
    I'm quite a ways from Lake Pleasant or I'd join you. Be fun to meet someone from the forum. If it's ok I could post on a local forum that has a few TW owners on it. Or you could post also.

wheresthenextadventure.com - Index page

I am very familiar with most of the trails from Prescott, Mayer, Black Canyon City, Morristown, Wickenburg, Yarnell. Ridden most everything that those towns circle. Some of it is pretty knarly. But the ride from Lake Pleasant to Crown King is nice and laid back. Now if you're talking going by way of TipTop or Lane, that's another story.
    Thanks for the link trailscout, I'd never seen that forum before. Looks like it could be a pretty good resource.

I'm really only planning on doing some "laid back" riding while I'm up there, so I think the Lake Pleasant to Crown King ride (maybe with a few detours along the way) should suit me pretty well.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    Thanks for the link trailscout, I'd never seen that forum before. Looks like it could be a pretty good resource.

I'm really only planning on doing some "laid back" riding while I'm up there, so I think the Lake Pleasant to Crown King ride (maybe with a few detours along the way) should suit me pretty well.
    It's a fairly new site. Riding Arizona was trying to sell so Steve smelled a shut down and started Where...... just in case. Arizona Trail Talk shut down and a few days later Riding Arizona shut down so Where..... is all that's left, except I tried starting one called Arizona Dirt Bike but it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. Steve who started Where.... is one heck of a nice guy. I've ridden quads with him a couple of times and he is a good guy. Help anyone out anytime in a heartbeat.

Hey Milo, It would be great and I know you would, but I also know it is about twice as far to LP via Yarnell/Congress as to shoot down 17 from Mayer. That said, if you want to go to CK via the TipTop trail and return via the Lane Trail, that'd be great. I DO know the way. A few years ago I put in several days solo on each trail opening them up to make them reasonably rideable after years of neglect and degradation. Having ridden with you, I think you could ride TipTop with the TW providing we get the 70T and BH 2.0 mounted first. And you could come down Lane all the way. You'd need the Rokon to go up Lane all the way. Those two trails would be a full days riding. Maybe even dark to dark. But from what I remember of the very little bit I rode the stock tire, it might be a problem going up TipTop. Roy decided to try TipTop on his first Rokon adventure. I think all of his clothing was discarded other than his helmet and boots after he got home. But I cleaned up the trail since then.

Laid back riding is good too. It's all good.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links