touring
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: touring

touring

gen question here. would you considering using tw200 for a touring trip along the west coast during the summer, or is it asking to much of a 200

depends how you ride.
    it's up for it.

bc-bc-west-coast-ride
    r80rt likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

low and slow

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I'd do it.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

someone needs to spend some time reading some ride reports. Biggest thing to remember is, don't get in a hurry on your ride. Go for it!
    Mattw likes this.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Pack smart, take non-main roads. Take your time.. Some of the best roads for look-outs etc. are gravel.. Pack extra gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omm.
    r80rt likes this.

As stated above, no interstates (we kinda wanna keep you around for awhile....know what I mean?). Take the back-roads or secondary roads as they are most commonly called.....enjoy the scenery!.Go and have fun!!!.
    r80rt likes this.

I prefer to take the TW over the SV. I avoid the interstates anyway.
    r80rt likes this.

Not only would I consider it, I've done it (though no through Cali). Did around 1,000 miles in one week through Arkansas in the middle of June when it was HOT. TW did just fine, but you can't run it too hard. I tried to stay on mainly back roads and dirt roads the whole time. It was a blast.
    r80rt and lizrdbrth like this.

The short answer to your question is YES.
    Like others here I have been there/done that and consider it to be one of the highlights, if not the highlight, of my many years of motorcycling.
    Last year my brother-in -law and I did a 14 day tour of Newfoundlands west coast on our TW's. We both have other more "road worthy" bikes and briefly considered taking them instead. Once we returned we both agreed it was a wise decision to take the little beasts instead.I actually spent a total of twenty days on the road as I spent another 6 days in Cape Breton before returning home with a total of 3800km(2400m) on my TW. We went places and met people we otherwise wouldn't have on our other bikes and can't wait to do it again. We went up mountains,had fun on sandy beaches,cruised remote logging roads into the interior,fished trout and salmon,got buzzed on Newfy Screech (local rum) and thrashed the little beasts along the highways and byways. Sometime this winter I will complete my ride report.https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...-tw-style.html
    There is something to be said about touring on a small displacement motorcycle. Set the bike up properly, keep to the secondary roads as much as possible and don't be in a hurry.....Just do it brother!! It will put a smile on your face and give you memories you will never forget.
    Last edited by Dubster; 11-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    naluboy and r80rt like this.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links