TW Riding in the Sun ...& Snow
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: TW Riding in the Sun ...& Snow

TW Riding in the Sun ...& Snow

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sure enough, another great video from Admiral!

Those folks kinda gave you a..what the @!*^.. look. Thats gotta be surprising to look up out in the middle of nowhere, snow for miles in any direction and see a motorcyclist going by!!! ha ha
    Last edited by littletommy; 12-30-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I liked that vid
    Reminds me how nice it is riding on fresh snow that has not been compacted by 4 wheeled vehicles
    When I worked in town I used to use an unmade back road for most of the way & it was great till a few cars had been along it
    Not so nice in the snow in the dark tho on the way home, it was an unlit lane & TW headlights aren't the best
    With visor up due to fogging lens been a few times my eyelashes were frozen

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I enjoy them too. I keep looking for the hammer to ensure it is authentic.
    littletommy likes this.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

Mel
    Admiral, I watched that 2 times and didn't see my name anywhere on that snow. Did I miss something?????
    Mel

Wow Admiral, glad to see all that snow isn't keeping you off of your TW! I know you're no stranger to riding in that stuff, but it's impressive to a desert rat like me nonetheless .

I actually had a conversation about Idaho with my uncle at Christmas. He stated his opinion that your state is probably the freest and most authentically American in the union. We both agreed though that despite its charms, our clothes just aren't warm enough to hack it there in the wintertime!

I noticed quite a few animal tracks there in the snow towards the end of your video, any idea what sort of critter left them?
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Well done, sir. Well............done.

Almost as good as getting out myself. I have ridden a bit snow here in Illinois a few weeks ago, but without much success since the snow was over 8 inches deep and the TW's rear tire was not up to the task. It worked better once the snow melted down to about 2 inches, which appears to be about what you rode on.

Are you riding something other than original Bridgstones?

Thanks for the stimulation.

Well done with a fitting sound track to boot. Your selection of sound tracks is to be envied!
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

For a moment I thought I was watching a video of Shinji Kazama's ride to the North Pole! I'm glad the sun came out and you were able to get a ride in. I'm even more glad you chose to share it with us! Thanks, Admiral - we can always count on you.
    littletommy likes this.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky jan View Post
    With visor up due to fogging lens been a few times my eyelashes were frozen
    My eye's were watering on this ride too. Goggles kept fogging up, but I just had to get out for a ride. I tried the day before this one, but it was to foggy and I couldn't see were I was going. Talk about fogged goggles...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzha View Post
    I enjoy them too. I keep looking for the hammer to ensure it is authentic.
    I keep forgetting that. I'll have to come up with something creative to ensure authenticity

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Admiral, I watched that 2 times and didn't see my name anywhere on that snow. Did I miss something?????
    Mel
    I had to edit that part out. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    He stated his opinion that your state is probably the freest and most authentically American in the union. We both agreed though that despite its charms, our clothes just aren't warm enough to hack it there in the wintertime!

I noticed quite a few animal tracks there in the snow towards the end of your video, any idea what sort of critter left them?
    Even though area's keep getting closed off to motorvehicle use, still lots of free area's too ride that's for sure. Hey, I had to try out my new insulated Carhart overalls. I was toasty on this rideCritter tracks were most likely our local fox population, but I've also seen some Coyote's in the neighborhood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldad View Post
    but without much success since the snow was over 8 inches deep and the TW's rear tire was not up to the task. It worked better once the snow melted down to about 2 inches, which appears to be about what you rode on.

Are you riding something other than original Bridgstones?
    I tried riding in the deeper stuff, but the front tire just plows and goes where it wants too, not where I want it to go. It was about 2" or so, but I still wiggled here and there. Rear tire is a new stock tire with tire chains, front tire is a Shinko 244. I have sheet metal screws inserted in the front, but it is useless in deep snow. Did ok at this depth.

Quote Originally Posted by trailscout View Post
    Well done with a fitting sound track to boot. Your selection of sound tracks is to be envied!
    Some folks don't care for music, but I think it takes the edge off sometimes. This is not an overly exciting video, so it took the edge off...I hope! Love your trail video's.

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    For a moment I thought I was watching a video of Shinji Kazama's ride to the North Pole! I'm glad the sun came out and you were able to get a ride in. I'm even more glad you chose to share it with us! Thanks, Admiral - we can always count on you.
    I was thinking Siberia when I was riding, but North Pole works too. Not nearly as cold as either location I'm sure. I'm glad it wasn't windy!
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links