My First Lzrdstckr Ride
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My First Lzrdstckr Ride

My First Lzrdstckr Ride

A few posts back I mentioned that I enjoyed the 50 degree Yarnell weather while working on clearing a neat old pack trail from days gone by. Today we finished clearing that trail. But going back to yesterday..........

I finally made it up the hill to Yarnell to check my mail. I installed my Lzrdstkr when I returned to camp. And right then and there decided it should go for a ride. I really enjoy this forum and the people on it and the friendly atmosphere. And from my brief time here, it seems that Russ, whom sadley I never had the chance to meet, contributed greatly to that ambiance.

So I and the Stkr went for a ride on the old pack trail. It was unfinished yesterday but it's all about the same. Not that great except it connects two great areas while avoiding two track AtV trails.

So here is about 6 minutes out of 21 ridden. The little 200 just purred right on up without a grumble. And I got to enjoy the scenery along the way.

Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

You're a good rider man. It looks like so much fun. Wonder how long ago the trail was used? and to go where? Does anyone else go up those trails? See any footprints, bike tracks? It looks like you are the only one in the last century..

Nice job and thanks for sharing.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

looks like more than a few plants that could puncture a tire..... could be a long walk if one wasn't self-sufficient in flat repairs. a great ride, thanks for sharing.
    Gerry likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Only cows have currently used this trail. It is probably a century old. A buddy who helped on the trail parked his Husky 250 4T farther down the hill today to start work than I went yesterday. That said, he was carrying a chainsaw and has badly worn knobbies. With his 250KTM with trials tires he'll go right up. I was amazed at how effortly the TW went up. With only 50% or so attention from me! I feel so safe on it.

To where? Most of these trails were either for mine access or an avenue to check cattle and to drive cattle. This trail had a crew of men to build it. It has a pretty wide and deep trail bed. More than would be used for just cattle. So I'm guessing this was a trail built with a well heeled person looking to become better well heeled with some hard rock gold. Which likely never panned out. As most efforts seemed to go.
    Last edited by trailscout; 12-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    littletommy and r80rt like this.

Hidden Content

And people wonder why we like are tw's, would you want to do this on a big ol klr 650 or bmw or something like that, I know a person could but don't think it would be as much fun. Nice vid looks like fun.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Wow, that looked rough! Maybe when I grow up I can ride like that. Very good!
    Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    looks like more than a few plants that could puncture a tire..... could be a long walk if one wasn't self-sufficient in flat repairs. a great ride, thanks for sharing.
    Actually, the cacti you see in the video are not really much of a problem with punctures. Believe it or not. I have ridden in this type stuff without a flat for four years on one run. But there is stuff out there that will cause a flat if no sealants are added. I mostly use Slime. Also a more expensive product from Napa. And there is Stan's. And other stuff. But whatever, if you're riding in Arizona, you do need some kind of sealant. I don't think the ATV tires would need it, but I ran it anyhow with the ATV tire.

The main cactus you see in the video can be ridden over like oak leaves. Not a problem. They will not penetrate a tire. I've been riding this stuff for about 8 years now.

Harold
    Gerry likes this.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    And people wonder why we like are tw's, would you want to do this on a big ol klr 650 or bmw or something like that, I know a person could but don't think it would be as much fun. Nice vid looks like fun.
    Maybe a 650 with a good rider, but a BMW? I don't think so. And I had an '82 BMW R80G/S. On a TW, smiling all the way. (i did break out a sweat in cool weather though)

Hidden Content

Wow, you add a whole new dimension to the term "trail riding". A nice way to break in your LizrdStckr! Thanks for the enjoyable vid.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Great video,thanks for sharing. I love the way tw's momentum allows no stress trail-busting,must be due to rotating inertial mass. I eat more sagebrush than cactus here in the GreatBasin but principal is same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links