Russ ralley NE
Close

Poll: What weekend in June could you attend?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Russ ralley NE

Russ ralley NE

Well, it is 4 degrees and going down with the mercury doing the turtle. It sure is a bad time to be discussing any kind of get together in these parts but lets start thinking about a place to do it and getting an idea on who is interested.

I figure NY, NJ, PA, VT, NH, CT, MA and Maine could cover most of this area but where to meet will be a trick. Here in NY there are not many places that would welcome us but in the surrounding states I know there are plenty of good rides we could take.

If we can keep this thread going and collectively pick a place and time some time after June we might be able to put something together. It is hard to tell just how many T Dubbers we have around here because lots of you don't have your profiles filled in.

Subscribe here to this thread and state your interest, state where you live and your ideas of a place to get together. Our weather usually is not conducive until around June or July so keep that in mind.

You don't have to have known Russ (Lizrdbrth) to honor he who is watching over us!

GaryL

UPDATE!

There is more info on Page 4 and 5 to see what has been discussed so far and there is no reason we can't do a few different rides in other areas.
    Last edited by GaryL; 02-10-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

rbm
    Subscribed. Northern NJ here.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Subscribed. Northern NJ here.
    Me, Bucknutz and Gregor are in NY but just over the NJ line from Montague.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    Will from Moultonborough, NH during the summer months. I don't think I really know enough trails in my area to interest the group, but I'd enjoy getting together.

+2 From Harrisburg, PA. My partner and I have Tw's and would love to meet up with fellow T-Dubbers.

Subscribed. I'm South of Buffalo at the Pa line. I mentioned in the original thread about a great location in Galeton, Pa on Rt-6 and someone else mentioned Marienville where the (fee) trail system is.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens. My longest day on TW so far is 80 miles....
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAG View Post
    Subscribed. I'm South of Buffalo at the Pa line. I mentioned in the original thread about a great location in Galeton, Pa on Rt-6 and someone else mentioned Marienville where the (fee) trail system is.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens. My longest day on TW so far is 80 miles....
    More info on the fee trail please. I think we'll have a hard time finding a place to ride off road. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAG View Post

Bradford works for me. Wife's mom lives in Lewis Run.

I think both NY and NJ are pretty much anti off road with very few exceptions. VT, NH and Maine are a lot more friendly but also a lot farther for us most southern dubbers.

Keep the info coming on decent on and off road mixtures so we can at least agree on a location. I will do some checking here with a few of the big hunting clubs that have thousands of acres with some serious trails but all of them would absolutely require insurance and legal road worthy steeds to even consider such adventures.

GaryL

well..you know me Gary. I'm not sure about VT except the dirt roads thru the Green Mtn Nat'l forest in the south part of the state...around Bennington. and there is free camping down there at the reservoir
    2005 Tdub

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    More info on the fee trail please. I think we'll have a hard time finding a place to ride off road. Thanks!
    Here is a map of the Marienville Trails. I'm embarrassed to say that I have never ridden them.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5052724.pdf
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links