New Years Ride a day late
Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By HappyHiker
  • 1 Post By elime
  • 2 Post By joeband

Thread: New Years Ride a day late

New Years Ride a day late

I jumped on my bike for a day after New Years Ride. It snowed a bit the night before but the sun was out and the streets were clearing nicely. I have been itching to go for a ride after several weeks of cruddy weather (at least when I'm off work :P ). I also wanted to try out a Christmas gift - Wolfman Expedition Dry bags.

Made a short trip up to Red Rocks and around Green mountain, about 45 miles total. ~35-40F light wind. Varied cloud coverage.

The bags worked great, traffic was light and I got my first ride of the year in, wohoo! A little snow, and I even got to play in the mud a bit. There was still some ice and gravel in the corners, but all in all, a beautiful day for ride.

Anyone else go for a "New Years Ride"?

Was actually thinking of removing my tire traction devices and going for a spin on the pavement. Tired of riding in the snow, which will turn to mud when the snow melts. Lots of work riding in the snow and mud. No fun I say. Your photo's are giving me just the incentive I may need. Very pretty shots with blue sky and wispy clouds. I like blue sky!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

You and Joeband have the same helmet. I had to double check who started this thread.

Beautiful country. You have inspired me and I think I will go for a short ride today if it warms up a little. Usually there is a 2 to 3 hour window in the afternoon when the temps are nice.
    joeband likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

ha tony! i thought the same thing....... beautiful pics HH

i went for a short spin this morning up to metcalf park for a bit of dirt. this was my odometer at the end; kosmic.

littletommy and TW-Brian like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    I jumped on my bike for a day after New Years Ride. ..... ~35-40F light wind. Varied cloud coverage.
    Boy, you don't have much snow there either! What IS it with this year?!?!
    Global Warming? NAH, I don't believe it for a minute!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Was actually thinking of removing my tire traction devices and going for a spin on the pavement. Tired of riding in the snow, which will turn to mud when the snow melts. Lots of work riding in the snow and mud. No fun I say. Your photo's are giving me just the incentive I may need. Very pretty shots with blue sky and wispy clouds. I like blue sky!
    I thought riding in the snow looked like fun! I'm sure it's a workout though, but it's good for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    You and Joeband have the same helmet. I had to double check who started this thread.

Beautiful country. You have inspired me and I think I will go for a short ride today if it warms up a little. Usually there is a 2 to 3 hour window in the afternoon when the temps are nice.
    Go go florescent green!

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    ha tony! i thought the same thing....... beautiful pics HH

i went for a short spin this morning up to metcalf park for a bit of dirt. this was my odometer at the end; kosmic.
    Whoa - definitely Cosmic!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    Boy, you don't have much snow there either! What IS it with this year?!?!
    Global Warming? NAH, I don't believe it for a minute!
    Hah! We are supposed to get 4-8" today, with temps dropping back into the teens during the day. I saw a window of opportunity and jumped on it!

Russ was with you! No other explanation.

And I too took a short trip today - no snow but 39 degrees and bit breezy. Just a ride into town - 14 miles RT. Wanted to see how my jimbo shield and handguards performed. They're both great! Glad I added them both.
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links