Hollister OHV Park
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hollister OHV Park

Hollister OHV Park

It is supposed to be in the low 70's next week at Hollister according to Weather.com 10 day forecast. I was thinking of going there for a few hours on either Tues., Wed., or Thurs., Jan. 14th, 15th, or 16th. Hopefully all the kids will be back in school and the adults back at work. If anyone else is interested in meeting up there let me know. We can ride single track and maybe give the obstacle course a try -- something I have never done -- actually something I have avoided but would at least like to take a look at.

Hollister Hills SVRA
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

By some remote chance someone is considering going to Hollister with me on Tuesday, Jan.14, I have to cancel that date.

But Wed and Thursday are still possibilities with Wed. as most likely. Weather.com 5 day forecast has it at 75 degrees and sunny. Sounds to nice to pass up this time of year.

Hey Tony,

I would love to be able to go, but that pesky job of mine is always getting in the way of the more fun things!

Just curious, do you ride the TW down there or do you trailer it?

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey Brian. I trailer to Hollister. It is 125 miles round trip and I am pretty tired by the time I leave there to come home. Driving the car with the A/C on and the radio blasting is nice. I have ridden the TW to Metcalf. That is less than 40 miles round trip and I usually don't last there very long so fatigue isn't a problem.

I remember when work used to get in my way. Times have changed. Tony

I went to Hollister Hills OHV Park on Wednesday, 1-15-'14.

This was the first trail I rode. It is kind of my "warm up" trail as I usually ride it first. I posted a video of it a couple of years ago but thought a second look was in order.

PlacerLode likes this.

This was the last trail I rode. I had already ridden 7 black diamond trails and my arms hurt and my legs ached. After all, I am not 16 and haven't been for half a century.

I had never been down this trail before but just had to have a look. I am glad I went. I just had to slow down a little to be safe.

Hollister has a rider's challenge -- a 13.5 mile course in 1 hour. Sounds easy, right? Well, I came up short and spent 2 hours doing it. Not to worry. Next time my legs will be a little stronger and I will be a little bit better rider and I will try again. Baby steps, as Doc Wong kept saying. Take baby steps and you will get there.
    PlacerLode likes this.

rbm
    Looks like fun! I'm not a big fan of the drop off though...

Thanks for the videos Tony!

I envy you for being able to ride Hollister during the week, it looks like you've got your own personal park. Kinda sad to see everything so dry, this time of year things should be greening up with lots of mudholes.

Are those white metal gates at the trailheads new? I don't remember seeing them, but it's been a few years since I've been out there. Must be to keep the quads out?

Brian

Looks fun but I can't make it either. Actually in Japan those days keeping my eyes out for cool Tdubs. Enjoy the ride.
    TW200 and Unimog Camper

I always enjoy your video's. Since riding with Ron in Boise up here, I'm learning to enjoy the trail riding alot. You seem to be riding quicker out here now than you did a few years back. Must be getting use to the trail riding thing! Just a bit anyway. Of course when it comes to the steep drop offs, I heed Ron's advise and keep at least one eye on the trail. Oh, and I tend to hug the high side of the hills too!

Sorta gave a thought to riding one of our OHV area's this Monday, but I don't think it's gonna be dry enough yet. ...and we've had lots of fog, which makes for a bummer ride. Temps are good enough though, at least for me. Hopefully next month I'll start to get some desert trail riding in.

Thanks again for the video's!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links