Did some riding on my own powerline journey yesterday.
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By doggitter

Thread: Did some riding on my own powerline journey yesterday.

Did some riding on my own powerline journey yesterday.

This one is a place I go to quite a bit, love the area, lots of rabbits, coyotes, birds, and cattle. Got there Fri about 6:30 and made the mistake of parking on top of a hill, in the high wind, and even on a slope. The off level bed and constant buffeting and noise from a splash guard rattling in the wind made it tough to sleep, stupid me. lol

Went out for a ride/hunt in the morning and around noon I came back for warmth, more clothes and some nourishment. I was munching on some trail mix and snapped the first pic out the window of the truck.

What a pretty day it is!

Wait a minute, what's going on here? This is looking north, the first pic looking east.

Another 15 minutes and it doesn't look quite so inviting.

Uh yeah, guess I'll stay in the truck for a few more minutes. lol

Well, I'll be... I knew the wind was moving pretty good but really?? 20 minutes later than the first pic.

Byebye snow storm!
    Looking east, same point of aim as the first pic.

It did this off and on all day, the worst I got started about 3m and loaded quite a bit on me as I was hightailing for the truck again. Sure do like that eastern sage country though. Found some wonderful new country on the bike this time out. I've held off doing much exploring for fear of scratching up the truck on the narrow sage lined tracks.

Going to HAVE to get some new rain pants as I grew out of of mine. Sad thing is I've been grown UP far to long to be growing out of pants. lol
    66roadkill66 and littletommy like this.

Nice pics, going to do some desert exploring this june for a week, always wanted to, so I decided to take a week off and just go. Have done some camping up silver creek out of riley a few times but I think I will go in the christmas valley area I think.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Wow does that look like some nice riding! Weather, not so much. Up here and out on Lake Ontario in a boat is pretty much the same. If you don't like the weather now just wait 5 minutes for the change!

You guys do have all the luck and the ability to ride year round. Here in the NY Catskills mountains we have some gorgeous places to ride, mostly illegal to do it but we do have millions of acres bought and paid for by our outrageous taxes and we do take the chance every now and then because who can catch us on our TWs? Our mountains are really just hills compared to yours but there are thousands of old logging and stage coach trails scattered all through them and we can go for miles between secondary road junctions.

I would have a blast out by you riding through all that country and never having to worry about trespassing. Thanks for posting the greet pics.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That area is 60 miles from the closest hotel I know of, and there MIGHT be a gas station about 25 miles away. I just don't know if it's still open cause I never go that way. Next closest is about 70-75 miles the other way. The last ride I went on was only 8 miles out but I crossed 5 fence lines, 3 were open, 2 I had to close after I went thru. That's the rule, leave the gates as you found them. All this combined with the lack of people out there is all of why I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    Nice pics, going to do some desert exploring this june for a week, always wanted to, so I decided to take a week off and just go. Have done some camping up silver creek out of riley a few times but I think I will go in the christmas valley area I think.
    Sounds like something to look forward to. Try Crack-In-The-Ground for an attraction with a bit of exploring to get there. Or Hole-In-The-Ground too. Or the sand dunes in that area.

Sponosred Links