Moving to San Jose for dual sport rides?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Moving to San Jose for dual sport rides?

Moving to San Jose for dual sport rides?

I will move out of NY in about a year and was wondering how abundant dual sport trails are in San Jose, CA
    Last edited by docjekyll2002; 01-31-2014 at 04:27 AM.

1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ditto what joeband said. Lots of paved roads but near zero dirt. Maybe look for a city near a National Forest, or one in the desert.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Move to NW Arkansas! Dual sport trails for dayyyyyyys down here! Seriously, you can ride for weeks down here and not hit half the good stuff (and I promise we wear shoes and have electricity and running water)

Screw pavement and crowded metropolis. Looking back to when i stayed in arizona and new mexico, i should have gotten a TW earlier. If anyone here can fill me in, please list what states u recommend moving to that have great dual sporting and career opportunities. I'll be going to college for car mechanics in the near future. And i prefer to have mountains and desert landscapes when i look out the window of a house instead of seeing dense boring paved communities

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    Screw pavement and crowded metropolis. And i prefer to have mountains and desert landscapes when i look out the window of a house instead of seeing dense boring paved communities
    well then san jose is not your place
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Looks like i'll be visiting southern utah instead

I loved Nevada. Las Vegas might make a good base for you. I was told back in the late 70s early 80s, 90% of NV was Federal land. I used to ride the mint 400 track almost every day. 100 miles a lap. I just pulled off the highway anywhere I wanted and rode. Fire trails in the mountains. Boulder dam and lake nearby. Not too far to the Grand canyon. I was off road over 90%.
    rurlndum, Fred and plumbstraight like this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    Looks like i'll be visiting southern utah instead
    St. George, Utah is a really neat area, but since I'm retired I wouldn't have a clue about jobs there. It is one of the fastest growing areas in Utah. THOUSANDS of miles of riding trails within 100 miles!!!
    Fred likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Colorado. Boulder personally but just about anywhere. As a mechanic any place with more than 5 cars in 50 miles will have shops and need ASE techs. I wish I had my TDub when I had an A frame in the Rockies outside Boulder. Might have never left.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links