Someday is Here!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Someday is Here!

Sprague River, Oregon in Summer, Salome, AZ in Winter

Someday is Here!

Hi. Just a quick note that I am posting a ride report on AdventureRider.com about my upcoming trip on a TW200. I will be leaving sunny Arizona on 6 February. To make things sorta simple, here is a link to the start of the report.
    Someday is here! - ADVrider
    I hope you can join me as I wander south. John M.
    Lead or Git out of the Way!

Present bikes: 2005 TW200, 2000 H-D Road King Classic, 1998 Goldwing Trike, 2009 Vstrom 650, 2011 BMW R1200RT, 2-CT-90's, 2- 100 XT's, 2008 Lin Hai 250cc Scooter, 50cc fold-up scooter.
    I.B.A. #49,689. Commercial SMEL,Instruments, Rotorcraft-Helicopter
    RAF 2000 GTX SE

awesome! can't wait to see the pictures!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I will be subscribing!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good luck and safe travels! Hope you have a blast. If you were looking for something to kill time till you leave, I'd love to read some about your bike. It looks plenty unique enough to warrant its own thread if you get a chance. Can't wait to read hopefully that and your upcoming RR.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    I'll also be watching. Have a great ride and stay safe. It should be an awesome trip.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Grabs popcorn... This is gonna be a good one!

Good timing this post is. I wake up to it snowing again. Sounds like you have a great adventure in store, and gonna share it with us.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sprague River, Oregon in Summer, Salome, AZ in Winter

Someday is Here!

Thanks folks for the encouragement. I am looking forward to this newest Adventure. I made a few additions to the stock T-dub, but nothing extreme. Pro-taper HiRise bars, XT-225 tank were the biggies. The front rack and the rear platform are home made.

Simple plywood platform . The angle brace is to keep the bicycle pannier off the exhaust. The other side pannier is held out by the ubiquitous welding rod tube.

This is pretty much the final setup. A small tent, sleeping bag and a Thermorest pad make a pretty comfortable backrest. I stand about 6'1" and weigh about 180. I was 6'4" before I broke my back in four places. I now have a bit of a kink in my gittie-up.

I am working on the list of goodies stuffed in all the bags and boxes. Will get to it soon. John
    littletommy, admiral and Fred like this.
    Lead or Git out of the Way!

Present bikes: 2005 TW200, 2000 H-D Road King Classic, 1998 Goldwing Trike, 2009 Vstrom 650, 2011 BMW R1200RT, 2-CT-90's, 2- 100 XT's, 2008 Lin Hai 250cc Scooter, 50cc fold-up scooter.
    I.B.A. #49,689. Commercial SMEL,Instruments, Rotorcraft-Helicopter
    RAF 2000 GTX SE

have fun!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

You may want to take some extra screws.

RD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links