green mountain campground..you wanna go????
Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By plumbstraight
  • 1 Post By 66roadkill66
  • 1 Post By 66roadkill66

Thread: green mountain campground..you wanna go????

green mountain campground..you wanna go????

I have the camping trip planned for june 14th through the 22nd at the green mountain campground out of Christmas valley ore, I plan on taking my tw and my tl 250, I have been looking on google earth and it looks like a good place to do some exploring, I plan on doing a lot of riding along with some shooting, and I am going to take my metal detector as I have seen a few old homesteads on google earth that I would like to look around and see what I can find. I have always wanted to go explore the desert so I think it's about time I did it. I will welcome any body to go if they want, and do as you please, I don't have a real plan as I will figure that out when I get there. I just want to get away from it all and relax and spend some quality time with my motorcycles. I am going weather anybody goes or not. If there are any lurkers here you can go to if you want and I don't care what you ride, It looks like it would be 4 wheeler friendly to. soooo there is my plan if you want to get in touch with me use a pm. I think visitors can send a message that way to. I plan on a few rides before then and if somebody would like to go on one of those(day rides) let me know and we could plan one, I know a lot of good places to ride. I think it will be a fun time (I hope), if anybody has ridden that area your input would be appreciated.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Sounds like a good time. I too would like to do the desert for a while.
    littletommy likes this.

No kidding...Plumb!! Get outta this snow and cold weather for a while!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    No kidding...Plumb!! Get outta this snow and cold weather for a while!!
    Yes, this cold is just creeping into me deep. Have some tinkering projects in the shop but just too cold to get excited about it. Building a cab on my quad to stay warm. After finishing the rack on the tw figured I might as well put a windshield and a nice cab with suicide doors to stay warm and dry. Figure engine heat would keep it toasty, will see. Now if our state would just let us ride them. This is why I have two tw's now and an 11yr old quad with only 500mi on it. Most of them in wy,nd and alaska.
    littletommy likes this.

I know it's kinda crazy thinking about spending a week out it the desert with a complete stranger.....but I say we will only be strangers till the first beer is done, so am I nuts thinking anybody in there right mind would do this? well I guess time will tell....oh one more thing I am trying to get together is a quad copter with a go pro on it cause I would love to get some awesome aerial video of the trip.
    plumbstraight likes this.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

My daughter said to me when I was chatting with a fellow at a crosswalk. She asked, who was that? I told her I have no idea, she said dad, you just don't know a stranger do you. I told her, Susie, a stranger is just someone you haven't talked to. You never know what you may learn from someone you look over thinking they are not worth your time.
    66roadkill66 likes this.

Well now I think I have 3 people I have suckerd in to going, my two brothers and a friend, we will have a motley assortment of bikes going, wr250, ktm 300, 2 of my tl 250s, tw, rl250. the date has moved to june 21st-28th. Still open to anybody else that would like to go. If you want to go and don't have a trail bike I am taking extras. Just so you have a idea of the people going I will give are ages, I am 49 my two brothers are 55 and 60 and my friend that is going is 62.
    Last edited by 66roadkill66; 03-01-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    plumbstraight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    I know it's kinda crazy thinking about spending a week out it the desert with a complete stranger.....but I say we will only be strangers till the first beer is done, so am I nuts thinking anybody in there right mind would do this? well I guess time will tell....oh one more thing I am trying to get together is a quad copter with a go pro on it cause I would love to get some awesome aerial video of the trip.
    What a cool idea. If you had someone on the back of your quad that could fly it with competence it would make for some great videos.
    66roadkill66 likes this.

Sponosred Links