Adirondacks NY meetup
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Adirondacks NY meetup

Adirondacks NY meetup

I've never been to the Adirondacks. I've held back last year because i was too lazy to ride 4-5 hrs from Rochester. But I am seriously considering going to Adirondacks once the winter clears up. Are there any TW'ers out there who would be interested in meeting me? I plan on renting a cabin/lodging too as I'll be too tired to go home the same day after riding and I'd like to spend at least 2 days every few weeks there. My days off are on Wednesday and Thursday so that might affect the meetup, depending on everyone's schedules but I think at least the forests will be clear for us on a weekday more than on the weekend.

Where at in the Adirondacks? Having been stationed in Rome and the Mohawk Valley, then living there post Air Force for awhile in the early 70s....I know that covers a lot of land...From Boonville to the Vermont Border
    TuggerHiller likes this.

nice idea, which area of the adk?
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I am in buffalo and would like to at some point.

yeh there are a few there. look at the post about Russ NE ride, its pinned. We are looking at having some ride/campout sort of deal, NY is one location we are looking at
    2005 Tdub

I would like to throw my hat in the ring for hosting a meeting, ride, round-up, camp out or whatever. I've got 550ac.in the Catskills, Forestburg NY. The back roads around the area are terrific, Plenty of camping space, there are two cabin bunkhouses with full amenities and a fantastic pond for fishing boating etc. any interest?
    plumbstraight likes this.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    I would like to throw my hat in the ring for hosting a meeting, ride, round-up, camp out or whatever. I've got 550ac.in the Catskills, Forestburg NY. The back roads around the area are terrific, Plenty of camping space, there are two cabin bunkhouses with full amenities and a fantastic pond for fishing boating etc. any interest?
    That sounds like the begining of a yearly rondevous for the NE riders. I can see it now, the Sturgis of NY, TW roundup.

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    I'll be in. Sounds great! Dave

I will be in for all the rides in the NE and doing one in the ADks sounds good too but where? AS most of us NYers are very well aware, the communist government of this state buys up millions of acres with our tax dollars and then closes them off to just about any recreational endeavors with motorized vehicles. I am sure there are some nice road trips up in the mountains but not so sure there will be any off road excursions we could take without having to worry about Johnny Law on our tails looking to confiscate our rides and lay major fines on us. ATV clubs up in that area could have some info but I have had very little success with getting in touch with them for off road riding. Keep me in the loop if you have a plan.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Not sure where we would meet in Adirondacks. If anyone else has had a lot of fun in Adirondacks and can confirm the law is friendlier to us in the Catskill Mountains, then Catskill mountains it is. The driving distance is only half an hour more for me. Wish i lived closer to one of these mountain ranges so i could have a better idea as it's a 4-5 drive for me from Rochester

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links