Blue Square Trail @ Hollister OHV 2-5-'14
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By elime
  • 2 Post By bikerjosh

Thread: Blue Square Trail @ Hollister OHV 2-5-'14

Blue Square Trail @ Hollister OHV 2-5-'14

I went to Hollister to attempt the Challenge Loop again. Unfortunately, due to recent rains, part of the loop was closed.

Trails come in four flavors: Green Circle, Blue Square, Black Diamond, and the an unofficial Double Black Diamond. Easy to hardest.

This video shows a blue square trail and how it varies from easy to not so easy back to easy. I was routed this way due to trail closure but no complaints.

There were many more riders there compared to my usual visits and more were coming when I left. I guess the wet weather brings out riders that like the mud. Make that 2 stroke riders that like mud! At the end of the video I meet 6 other riders and the 3 on KTMs had had enough, but the guy on the far right, riding a Husky, insisted on more.

It was a good time and a great workout. Next visit will be after the rains are over and the ground has had a chance to dry up a little bit.

Long live the internal combustion engine!

nice ride! i wonder if this little drizzle of rain will green up the hills at all?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

What a neat trail riding area. The tree's remind me of the old Dukes of Hazard TV show! Thanks to you, I got my trail ride in for the week!

Me and son#3 where going to go on a ride today, but been snowing all week off and on. So, instead of riding the TW, I'm riding the computer chair...for a bit anyway.

Thanks for the video. It keeps my hopes up that winter will end eventually!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Tony!

I have to chuckle every time I see the traffic signs on the trails out at Hollister. Must be nice not having to deal with the dust.

Brian

Something a little different. This is the road out of The Renz Property part of Hollister Hills OHV. I am starting my journey home!

And what are all these people doing here in the middle of the week?

admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Something a little different. This is the road out of The Renz Property part of Hollister Hills OHV. I am starting my journey home!

And what are all these people doing here in the middle of the week?
    24hr placebo flu, vision problem (ala Joe), etc cough cough I feel something coming on later this week if things dry out.-Josh
    Joemama and admiral like this.
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Josh -- You better stay healthy for a couple of more weeks. I just got off the phone with the ranger station and the lady told me the entire Renz Property is closed (where the challenge loop is) and will be that way for at least 3 to 4 days and depending on the amount of rain and sun they get, it could be weeks. She stated other parts of the park are closed too, I didn't pay attention which parts, but added the granite part is open, the part west of the fault. Tony

Sponosred Links