Around my backwoods..
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So since I'm just sittin here burning time waiting on parts, I figured I put up a few pics...

The ole tree.. I'm sure its got a better name, just don't know it.

Some random stuff..

You see alot of these around here.

The flooded wabash. This road actually goes out quit a bit to get to the actual river banks. At this road you should be able to goto the river banks and there is a town across the river. I've been there three times but it's been flooded.

But its flooded good..

Up on the levy, next time I'm out I'll have to grab some photo's of the pump houses along it..

At "The Point" this is where the Wabash river and White river meet... I really wanna go back in the fall so you can actually see the two coming together. This trip was actually really fun. After a few miles on slab you can turn off and take straight gravel to it. There is a ton of gravel around here and I need to explore it more. Of course this is when everything was flooded so I got my first longest/deepest water crossing yet. I probably shouldn't have done it by myself but besides getting soaked it was good times. I've got some videos too, just gotta figure out a painless way to edit them.

Edit: I forgot to add that this same bike, exactly how it looked was at this same spot some ~15 years ago when my father took it. So it really did mean alot for me to make that trip.

Enjoyed the adventure. Looks like lots of corn. Seems like for some of us, gravel is as 'rough' as it gets. Your 'neighborhood' seems pretty flat. Then again, don't suspect you get the dust, 105 degree temps, and the tree charring forest fires. How about Tornados? Thanks, Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Nice pictures!

The one thing that strikes me is how green everything looks. Even that dead tree is green. Around here it is a drought every summer, sometimes the spring and fall too, so everything looks really dry. And I forgot what endless cornfields look like. I once drove across the country on Interstate 80 from SF to somewhere around Buffalo then Interstate 90 to Boston. All the way from Nebraska to upstate NY was nothing but cornfields. A record harvest that year (1972). And it seemed every field had a zillion huge spiders living in it.

Looks like you could use the levees for hill climbing though that might upset a few people.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tony ( aka elime) View Post
    Nice pictures! The one thing that strikes me is how green everything looks. Even that dead tree is green....

+1

lovely scenery and pictures.

That corn field is very healthy.
    2008 TW200

That is exactly what my neck of the woods looks like here in Southwestern Michigan. Green green green... Until October. Then the bloody lake effect starts killing us.

Yep, lots of corn. There is also some soybean fields and some other stuff they plant around here. Jerry, no we don't get the 105 degree temps but at the worst we get 100 degrees with a big bucket of humidity thrown in. Those days are miserable. You get soaked in sweat just going out to your car. It can get quite dusty around here in between the rain though. Tornados are always on the back of our minds. Seems like every year somewhere nearby gets hit. I guess we are up for one anytime now.

I guess I forgot just how green it is around here. But come spring it kinda catches you by surprise when everything just starts growing like crazy. I remember my first trip out west to arizona. Felt like I landed on some alien planet. Nothin but sand, dirt, and rocks. It always cracked me up when you'd see that one or two house on a block with actual grass instead of rocks for a yard.

I always hit the levees when I seem them. The tw just chugs right up them. Some actually have two tracks on the top you can run down. There is alot of gravel roads going over them but there are also alot of no-open gates the farmers have put up. Dad always told me the best riding was going around those gates

Thanks for the sharing ...

Great sceneries and photos.

Are these coordinates about right for the photo`s ?

37° 47.886'N 88° 1.635'W

Google earth is a nice tool to see other peoples " backwoods "
    2008 TW200

Petrus, it would be up north a little more to the next sections where two rivers meet. The one you posted definately looks like it be a good one to visit too.

Thanks for sharing! Great pics and gorgeous scenery.

I swear, you could just about see the whole country on this forum alone. lol
    2009 Yamaha TW200

2006 Yamaha FZ6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links