Sunday February, 23rd Cow Mtn Ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sunday February, 23rd Cow Mtn Ride

Sunday February, 23rd Cow Mtn Ride

Evan and I are riding Cow Mountain Recreation area on Sunday morning. Meeting at the South Cow Mtn staging area and spending a few hours exploring the park. Not an all day epic, but it will help plan the next all day epic
    Anyone else interested at meeting up at the staging area at 8:30am on Sunday South Cow Mountain OHV Recreation Area

Mendo-Lake Rd
    Ukiah, CA 95482

Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

We'll call this the 23th attempt at riding cow mountain ride...LOL
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

^ ^^^what he said

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

thumbs up to the ride guys! i look forward to reaping the benefits on the epic ride, later this spring.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

joe ride Space Mtn once for me.

Well I just got back from Cow Mtn about an hour ago. "Evan" and I found a number of great trails to include on the next all day ride. We started off going down some slightly more difficult trails (high pucker factor), I would have thought Evan was trying to make me go over the bars but I suggested the first trail. Somewhere along that trail, I lost our one trail map. We found approximately three very fun doable loops that would be suitable for the normal cast of characters. At the East end of the park, we switched to riding in a semi-dry river bed. We went though lots of water crossings before we go to what looked like the end of the trail. I marked the spot on the GPS so I'll research it and see if we could continue on.

On to planning our first Spring loop.
    Josh
    bananachunks and joeband like this.

Fun place to ride. Reminds me of a small stonyford. Josh was right behind me as we drove in to park on skinny paved road and then dirt. That dirt section would be a wild ride if muddy. Josh said his van traction control light came on a few times so I'm sure he was getting a little wheel spin. We unloaded our bikes and I noticed Josh wasn't unloading his TW (Gasp!). We'll at least it was a Yamaha.....

Here we park the bikes and take a break.

Here we found this pristine swimming hole. We'll all stop for a swim on the way from riding all day.

Here is a few shots of the creek we were riding near. We'll be taking the gang for some fun gravel/sand riding.

After we got back to vehicles we noticed a nice metal box near main sign that said "maps" which had about 20 shiny new trail maps....
    admiral likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

whoops, posted first pic twice.... here is the other creek pic.

admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    whoops, posted first pic twice.... here is the other creek pic.

That is a very nice looking creek but where is the picture of you guys riding across it? Through it? Riding to the other side!
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    That is a very nice looking creek but where is the picture of you guys riding across it? Through it? Riding to the other side!
    Sorry didn't have my helmet cam. The ride out to the point where we turned around was pretty fun, might still make it an out and back ride just to splash around.

oh and yes, I brought the ttr250 out. After not riding it for 2-3 years figured it would be fun- post ride thoughts: an extra 50cc displacement and lighter weight makes a difference, but a skinny rear tire w/a disk makes for very little modulation on steep down hills. Every time I used the rear brake even lightly the wheel would lock and I'd start accelerating. I've gotten use to the weight of the TW, less suspension travel, less power, but more grip.
    Actually liked the bike more at the end of the ride than the beginning, but I think it might be time to sell the 250 since the TW gets more use.
    Josh
    Last edited by bikerjosh; 02-24-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links