Blog of AZ backroads
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've started a new blog for all of the day trips that I plan to take on the AZ backroads I have always wanted to see. This first one is to Horseshoe Lake. I will add pics and dialog as I get to take new rides. Hopefully every couple of weeks or so. BTW, if you are new to blogs, scroll all the way to the bottom and then work your way up. Also, if you click on the picture it will enlarge it but be sure to use the back button to get back to the blog. If you close it, you will also close the blog.

Oh yeah, the link!

http://azbackroadsbiglefti.blogspot.com/

Nice blog and wonderful pictures.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Nice job Biglefti. I have not found it easy to make 'steep' roads look all that challenging in a picture. Given that many of your road pictures clearly conveyed a degree of steepness, they must have been 'very' steep. Enjoyed your adventure, stay safe. You might as well consider a Spot emergency transmitter. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Nice job Biglefti. I have not found it easy to make 'steep' roads look all that challenging in a picture. Given that many of your road pictures clearly conveyed a degree of steepness, they must have been 'very' steep. Enjoyed your adventure, stay safe. You might as well consider a Spot emergency transmitter. Gerry

I'm bidding on a spot that is listed on e-bay right now as well as a 76CSx garmin. About the steepness of these roads. I don't think I could climb much steeper. If I leaned forward to keep the front on the ground, the rear wheel would spin and if I moved back slightly to stop the spinning, the front end would come up. Going down was really exciting. Lanny

Should you get a Spot, might I suggest paying a little extra for "tracking". YOu push the button once before your ride and a signal gets sent out every ten minutes automatically, you need not do nothing more. As well, mount the Spot so in the event that you fall, the unit is still in a position to transmit. Stay safe, Gerry

Beautiful pictures, I will be happy to follow your blog!
    Red Max - 1996 TW200 - 14/45, 320mm toothed brake disc, X-Racing titanium exhaust, Ricochet skid plate, Mule hitch pins, large pegs, VeeRubber VRM274&275 tires

I had a great ride today, and updated the blog. Hope you enjoy it.

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    Totally agree with Gerry, above, tracking is the most valuable feature to use on Spot because it automatically records your location. When I leave the house on a solo ride I open the tracking page on Spot's website,on my computer, my wife then simply has to refresh that page to see where I am riding. If I should have the misfortune to have a serious crash and to be unable to push the "I'm OK" button on Spot, she will know where I am. Plus it is kind of fun to be able to review the ride when I get home.

You have some really nice photo's. I like the click to enlarge feature.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great blog, nice pictures. Looks like you have an adventure partner, how nice. That is certainly the best way to go, and I am still looking. Thanks, Gerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links