TurtlePalooza 2014!
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: TurtlePalooza 2014!

TurtlePalooza 2014 - Mayhem in the Mountains!

Announcing the Third annual TurtlePalooza!

June 13-15, 2014 Bryson City, NC

Mark your calendars for the weekend of June 13th through 15th, 2014. Let's see how many TW200's we can get together this time!

The location has changed since last year. We'll be staying at the Ridgetop Motel in Bryson City, NC. You are also welcome to stay at another hotel in the area or camp at one of the many nearby campgrounds. The Ridgetop is comparable to the motel we stayed at in Townsend last year. If you are looking for more mainstream accommodations there is a Mictrotel and a Sleep Inn nearby, but they will be quite a bit more expensive. If you're coming in an RV, the Ridgetop does have an RV Campground.

I've blocked off 10 rooms under the name TW200. Book early in case we need more than 10 rooms. The phone number for reservations is 828-488-6335. I've arranged for a group discount rate of $49 per night plus taxes. Rooms are currently blocked off for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The block of rooms is only held until April 15th, so if you even think you might attend book now!

The Ridgetop has a pool and a guest laundry, and is located in a nice quiet spot on top of the hill in Bryson City. There are several local restaurants ranging from independent hole in the wall BBQ joint to full sit down multi course meals. Alcoholic beverages are available at a couple of gas stations in town as well as a few restaurants.

I've got routes planned for a full day of riding both Saturday and Sunday that offers a mix of street, gravel and trail. Ideally you should plan to arrive Friday afternoon or evening and leave either Sunday night or Monday morning if you want to get the most riding time out of this weekend.

If you are pretty sure you are going to attend please reply in this thread so we can see who all is coming. If you would like one of the rooms at the Ridgetop please call there direct and make sure to mention you are part of the TW200 group to get the lower rate.

You can PM me if you have any questions about the area, other accommodations, other attractions for family coming with you, etc. or call me at work at Dual Sport Touring, 865-995-9505.

This is going to be a great get together with some great people. Attendees from previous years have stories to tell their grandchildren! Don't miss out!

GapRunr
    Last edited by GapRunr; 03-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    MCC1776 and r80rt like this.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Hi Francois,

I missed last year's ride. Hope to make it this time, but I never know where I will need to be this far in advance.

Jb
    Last edited by jbfla; 03-06-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Would it be ok if I brought a buddy of mine, he rides a Honda 250L.
    "I am simply a guy trying to master a very simple machine with very complex dynamics"

MSF Rider coach

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake morris View Post
    ...he rides a Honda 250L.

Of course! All are welcome.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Awesome, been checking the site everyday for this post! Can't wait! Thanks for all that you do Francois!!!!!

Im gonna try to make this one and if im lucky I will try to drag 3 other tw'ers with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by small's; 03-06-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Whats on the list for riding? Iss the Heintooga/balsam mtn loop open this year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Pretty much most of the BIA roads have been closed to non reservation vehicles. There's talk that it may be open, but at the moment it doesn't look good. You can go as far as Mile High Campground, but thats it.
    GapRunr

Do you already have the route planned and is there going to be a gpx file and mileage count for each day. Im ready to put some serious miles on the tw. Winter in INDIANA wont give us a break.

I'm still finalizing the routes, and they may change a little at the last minute if the park service opens up one of their temporary roads. I'm hoping the access trail to Winding Stairs will be open but can't count on it.
    GapRunr

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links