Lizrdbrth Memorial Desert Ride SoCal March 29
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Lizrdbrth Memorial Desert Ride SoCal March 29

Lizrdbrth Memorial Desert Ride SoCal March 29

March 29-30. I welcome all who would like to join Purple and the gang for a ride into Joshua State Park to establish a memorial, place a marker and honor Russ Austin. If you could make a dog tag for the marker (petco has a dog tag maker) we will attach it to the marker in memory of Russ. We will be meeting and staying at with Jeff and Judy at Kismet spa through Sunday. This is a great place to soak in hot spring water, beautiful rooms, and enjoy there hospitaity. After the memorial on Saturday we will ride through Berdoo Canyon a beautiful and simple ride. Sundays ride will be talked about over dinner Saturday. Please join us and bring closure to a great friend!

Ronnydog
    Last edited by ronnydog; 03-07-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Ride safely and realize you are doing important work. Even those of us who can not attend should take a moment (in a hot tub or not) and be thankful for what we have and the opportunities that lie before us in honor of Russ (and his friends who have lost his physical presence). Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

I wish I could make this, I will see you in June at the coast.
    Ride safe.
    Dubzha likes this.
    09 TW200

04 BMW 1150GS

61 Sunbeam Alpine

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Godspeed and E Malama

While not yet ready to retire, or move to a warmer climate, I am looking outside at the bulletproof ice that is soon to leave Minnesnowtah, and really wanting to join on this ride.

This makes me realize that while I do want to join this ride, I still have all the care and kindness that I am able to enjoy through the writings from all of you.

I know you will do Russ Proud, and I will be with all of you in thought. Who knows, I may even be out riding Junior that day and celebrate from a distance.

Enjoy your ride, have fun, and take care.
    Last edited by Dubzha; 03-08-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Oops - where's my grammer?
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

I'd love to make that run.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Haven't been on for a few weeks and got the call today. Please, count me in for Saturday at a minimum. Not sure that Sunday will be an option for me. Either way, can't wait to see everone again.
    JS5owner likes this.

Ronnydog, thanks for putting this on the forum. Kick Stands Up @ 9:00 on Saturday 29th departing from our spa. We have a dirt lot on our North side where we will gather. If you'd like to spend the night at the Spa we will give fellow riders a 50% discount on rooms. Our spa is the real deal with pure mineral water pools and just like the spas in Europe, swimsuits are optional. You can learn more at Livingwatersspa.com. BTW, we were named among the the Top 25 Small Hotels in the USA by Tripadvisor.

Regarding the ride... I typically take it easy and the journey into Joshua Tree via Berdoo Canyon is wonderful. So, slow is good as we take in all the sights. When we exit the park there is a $5.00 fee. We'll have a late lunch after we leave the park. It has been a couple of years since I've led this ride and at the last ride Russ (and Gina) was with us. There isn't a day that I ride that I don't think of our dear friend. Hope folks can come out even just for the day. Jeff (aka JS5Owner)
    r80rt and Purple People Eater like this.
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom - [sold]

2009 Yamaha WR250R - "Willie Boy" the slimmer faster brother of my Muley.

2009 Hidden Content . Wow, what fun on the highway!

I will have 4 to 5 riders coming with me and riding on Sunday also. Not sure what hotel we are staying at but I'm checking prices.

ronnydog

I'll be up in the desert that weekend and down for the ride on Saturday. Here's another option for riders that might want to join.

I'll be camped at our new place in the town of Joshua Tree the day before by noon. My plan is to leave around 7:30 Saturday morning and get to Jeff's with plenty of time to spare. Our property is actually in "North Joshua Tree" and the cabin is an old homesteader's ruins. The main structure is in very rough shape (pretty much uninhabitable even for camping) but we're hoping to spend the next few years saving as much of it as we can.

Russ was there when we first got the place going about two years ago and helped through the initial phase when we were evicting wildlife and boarding up windows. He also helped me buy and install a power pole, hang a few doors and windows on the garage and beat back high winds and low morale on difficult building weekends. It sucks that he's not around to see how far we've come since we last got together out there.

I have not hosted a riding weekend since this pic was taken about 2 years ago. Pic L to R Jimbo, Ronnydog, Lizrdbrth, Purple, Greenalder. Thanks to DR Don for indulging me by pushing his bike out of the frame and getting the TW shot

I invite adventurous campers and dual sporters to partake of my humble camp ground for this ride. There is power, cold running water and a working bathroom but not much else. Please pm me for specs.

BYO and let's ride

-Steven

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links