xt350
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xt350

xt350

xt350 $500

too bad more isn't readily swappable, but $500 for a running bike is pretty cheap.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?...

2008TWXT--.jpg

Im drooling over this. I have a titled XT350 frame ready for swapping...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quick question - anybody know if the speedometer and pilot box assembly are interchangeable from the xt350 to the TW?

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by BkCntryCrwlr View Post
    Quick question - anybody know if the speedometer and pilot box assembly are interchangeable from the xt350 to the TW?
    The speedometer is for sure.

These Xt 350 s have been popping up by me for pretty cheap , lately . I bought 2 over the winter. ( $100 each and neither reported stolen, nor have papers ) Took off the tank, seat pan, speedometer, rear brake rod and arm, and a set of high handlebars for my TW, then started to part out the rest of that one. A friend pestered me for us to get one complete bike together, and Friday we did. We got both engines running. ( although missing a few common bolts and I have only one carb between them ) I found another (88) with a blow motor, ( but in decent shape, with papers for $300. It is an hour drive for my friend and will probably buy that one tomorrow. It looks like it may work out well for us, this time. I'm starting to think this could be repeatable?

My friend rides a wr 250 f, and we used to ride together with me on a DRZ 400 e that I have since sold. I get the impression that he does not think I can keep up the pace if I use my TW. I told him not to give it another thought, and that the TW can get me places my DRZ never could. (might take me a bit longer, though) I'll have to give the Xt a go, though I know that my Tdub won't be idle for long. Rubber side down, Dave

Thanks Bucknutz! I just missed one with a Clarke XT tank this weekend. Was asking $700, probably could have got it cheaper but he sold it before I could get to it. I wanted the tank and seat pan and speedo for my TW. How much are you getting for the parts when you part out an XT350 assuming the engine runs and everything is not trash?

Quote Originally Posted by BkCntryCrwlr View Post
    Thanks Bucknutz! I just missed one with a Clarke XT tank this weekend. Was asking $700, probably could have got it cheaper but he sold it before I could get to it. I wanted the tank and seat pan and speedo for my TW. How much are you getting for the parts when you part out an XT350 assuming the engine runs and everything is not trash?

One of them was pretty much trashed, but running, no signals, and stuck in first gear. Supposedly, from a kicker gear installl gone bad? ( not too sure , but someone had a bit of trouble, I'd guess ) The second one was missing engine bolts and leaking oil, but in much better physical shape than the 1 st. Initially, I really only wanted some prime tw conversion parts, for $200 for two bikes, how can you go wrong? The XT is a lot like a TW in that it is old school, and easy to work on, dead reliable, and a fairly decent woods bike for a beginner. I really don't know how much can be realized from a complete part as I out only sold two parts off it before my friend and I started to combine them. Since I have them, I should keep a set of wheels and ice tires set up for some winter fun. I probably will have a leftover seat pan available, for shipping and a suggested small donation ( not mandatory ) to the Russ NE ride fund. ( 100% to Purple ) Rubber side down, Dave

I LOVE the XT350s. Me, my dad, and my brother each have one. Great bike. Ive got a titled frame i could sell if you need it.

Is the xt350 seat swappable to the TW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links