Misc TW200 bits taken off my 2005 project bike
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leben

Thread: Misc TW200 bits taken off my 2005 project bike

Misc TW200 bits taken off my 2005 project bike

Hi Folks,

I have been taking unneeded parts off of my project bike. I am certain to identify additional parts in the future. I know I will be keeping the forks, steering head, swing arm and frame, axles, etc.

As I go, I will update this list. Fee free to ask for odd items, I might not end up needing the part.
    I will add prices as I can. Let me know if you are interested in something and I will price that item first.

Discounts are available if you post a picture and a story of your strangely mangled item.

Items gone already:

Carb and boot
    Stator
    Rotor/Flywheel
    Stator cover (Left Case Cover) w/bearing and retainer
    CDI
    Rectifier/Regulator
    Coil
    Transmission output shaft
    Turn indicators
    Wiring harness (currently with starter relay and turn indicator relay attached)
    Side stand switch
    Rear brake switch
    Instrument cluster (complete) with speedo cable still attached (3500 miles)
    Right side switches: kill-switch, start button
    Left side switches: hi/low beam, turn indicator, horn
    clutch lever perch, with switch
    Exhaust (muffler, head pipe still available)
    Clutch basket, plates, etc. (3500 miles on bike, I will measure the remaining plate thicknesses)
    Rocker arms
    Cam chain (no idea why anyone would want a used one, but available, just the same)
    Cam chain guide
    Cam chain tensioner (2005 automatic)
    Most of the transmission (output shaft sold)

Parts available:

Left side Engine Case
    Right side Engine case
    Right side (clutch) cover
    Oil Pump
    Cylinder (seems okay)
    Head (spun cam bearing surface) with valves
    Valve covers (access covers for valve adjustment)
    Cam chain cover
    Piston (same caveat as the cam chain)
    Crankshaft with connecting rod
    Starter (currently has the wire with boots still attached)
    Various internal engine bits (gears, washers, spacers, just about everything inside)
    Oil filter cover
    Rear brake pedal
    Shift lever
    Clutch cable
    That funny piece that connects the frame to the front of the motor, silver color
    Factory "skid plate" with all four rubber bumpers
    Exhaust head pipe

Thanks for reading,

Matthew
    Last edited by mmclaughlin; 04-19-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Update for items sold

Bump

Just a FYI for anyone looking at purchasing parts from mmclaughlin. The parts I have purchased have been sold at fair prices and have arrived in good condition. Fast shipping and easy to communicate with.
    maddawgj likes this.

Yes I will double that. Thanks Matt

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. Everyone on this board has been really easy to deal with.

I am thrilled with how quickly some of these parts are moving. It has only been a week since I got the bike and I have already shipped 6 packages and there are two more possible sales in the works. It will definitely help me buy parts for my project.

Thanks again,

Matthew

I like it Matthew! You came directly to the clients who would need the parts and don't need to pay the auction fees or set up the adds for each tiny part.

I am currently rebuilding an 88 TW and it seems every time I get to cleaning up or putting back together a part I find some little thing I want to replace or a part that is missing. Examples of stuff that can drive you nuts and send you to the poor house, the front brake cable has a clamp that fastens it to the fork. Mine was missing. I took the rear wheel off to have a new tire mounted and replace the sprocket. Last night I attempted to put the wheel on and I am missing the collar and dust cover on the sprocket side. I know I had it but I just cannot find it.

Here is some advice for you and anyone needing little parts. Find a site such as Stadium Yamaha that has the parts schematic. I can go to the rear wheel and see that I need part number 30 and 31, collar and dust cover. This is how you might want to sell parts and also how you can tell if the part from your 2005 will fit on another year bike. I am going broke but not from all the little parts I find I need. It is the shipping when I just have to have a certain part and order it separately. I am sure I will need a few more things as I get closer to finishing this project.

Thanks for offering this stuff here.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I´m about to buy some parts and i´m aplying for a discount here.

Rockerarm.JPGyamaha-tw-125-foto-bild-73940525.jpgyamaha-tw-125-foto-bild-73940550.jpg

I bought this bike (TW125) last fall. The PO (first owner also) never had the valves adjusted. It took lees than 5000 miles before he destroyed the rockerarm. He than did pull the engine apart, way more than needed. Lost interest in the bike and also lost some parts over the time.
    I want to rebuild the 125 into an spare/offroad machine (inspired by skippyboyo).

TW669,

I think I have enough parts to get you fixed up for a good price. Regardless of how little or how much you end up needing, you get free rocker arms.

Let me know how many of the parts in the photos I sent you that you will need, and let me know if I missed anything (my engine came in a box, too, so I am not positive where everything came from).

Matthew

Matthew, You did not say what your project bike is! TW669 first off is working on a TW 125 and is located in Germany. Shipping might be a major and expensive issue. I suspect your bike is a TW 200 and that might also make some differences although I have no idea what if any parts are interchangeable.

JUST FYI!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

First off all awesome discount on the rockers.

GaryL:
    The parts i want are interchangeable between the engines.
    There is not much difference between the 125 and 200 engines. The transmission ratios and primary ratio is different, but the parts can be swapped without modifying. The major difference is the cylinder, head, piston, crank and balancer, these parts only work as a package on a 125 engine, making it a 196cc machine.

Sponosred Links