How much is my TW worth
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How much is my TW worth

How much is my TW worth

I'm debating selling my 1989 tw200 to fund some renos... I recent got a 2014 crf250l and don't really "need" two bikes. I'm located in BC canada

Bike 89 tw200 - 12,120 km
    Added zeta bush bars, oversized Clarke gas tank for the xt (also have stock tank), folding shifter. and handle bar risers , last year I replaced the battery, brake shoes, sprockets and chain, carb needle, float Ect. Bike runs awesome.

What so you think she is worth?
    Last edited by shiftline; 04-17-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Without an up close inspection and not knowing the Canada prices I would guess between $1,000-$1500.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I have a 2014. .. how much can I get for it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fandango View Post
    I have a 2014. .. how much can I get for it?
    Depending on condition and miles, $2800-$3800 would be my best guess. I have seen adds for brand new ones at $3800 plus the taxes and other fees.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Ship it to me for proper evaluation, I'll let you know something this fall.
    littletommy, joeband and naluboy like this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Depending on condition and miles, $2800-$3800 would be my best guess. I have seen adds for brand new ones at $3800 plus the taxes and other fees.

GaryL
    4,500$ plus taxes is the price for the 2014 and 3,900$ish for 2013's. I would subtract 500$ for every 1000 miles for a 2014.

Shiftline- The only problem on it being that old is that unless someone actually cares that you added all the extras i would imagine its only worth between 800-1000$. I got mine for 800$ (same year) in 2003.
    I would say 1500$ if its someone that enjoys t-dubs and the fact you already put a Clark tank on (the horror stories I have heard about getting those to fit......errr) would increase the value. I would shoot for 1500$ overall and negotiate around that.

I'd say double what you'd get for it 'Stateside.
    After waiting almost a year for a reasonably priced one to come up for Diane, I paid $1300 for a purple 1994 that wouldn't start. It was missing bodywork, needed a seat re-covering, and a LOT of TLC.
    Sure, spending more for a nicer one might have been a better idea, but not before she decided she liked it. It was a gamble on my part.

I paid $600 for an 88 that was beat pretty hard but only has 1900 miles on the odometer. Between all the parts I have bought plus new tires, tubes, carburetor and plastics and the X ring chain and sprockets with all the seals and cover gaskets I will have $1500 in it by the time it is done and mechanically ready to ride hard for a good long while.

If yours can be bought and can be jumped right on ready to go with no big issues then it is certainly a smarter way to go. I posted a link from a dealer out near Bradford PA who advertised an out the door price of $3990 for 2014 TWs. Can't honestly say it was real or that he actually sold any at that exact price but I saw it at Bike Finder and passed it on here in another thread a while back.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.

1500 bucks for basically a new bike, that's the only way to go as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I paid $600 for an 88 that was beat pretty hard but only has 1900 miles on the odometer. Between all the parts I have bought plus new tires, tubes, carburetor and plastics and the X ring chain and sprockets with all the seals and cover gaskets I will have $1500 in it by the time it is done and mechanically ready to ride hard for a good long while.

If yours can be bought and can be jumped right on ready to go with no big issues then it is certainly a smarter way to go. I posted a link from a dealer out near Bradford PA who advertised an out the door price of $3990 for 2014 TWs. Can't honestly say it was real or that he actually sold any at that exact price but I saw it at Bike Finder and passed it on here in another thread a while back.

GaryL
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

adjust prices as necessary since these use an approximate mileage for the bikes age and don't take into account modifications and exact condition...

Motorcycle - Kelley Blue Book
    Motorcycles: New Prices, Used Values & Specs ? NADAguides

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links