2014 possibly for sale long island
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2014 possibly for sale long island

2014 possibly for sale long island

So far a forum member said he would give $2500 and then 3g.. i want to get a fuel injected something. I am thinking xt250, tu250x crf250l. What else is there??.. something im not going to need a lot of money for.. hear on long island you can't get a tw200 for under 5 out the door after tax and dealers fees.. thanks there is 90 miles on her and never took off road yet.. 3 g was a low ball offer..

That is just in our nature to try and get the best price we possibly can and it is not just T Dubbers. You might get more response if you decide what you need to get for it and go from there. What they sell for out on Long Island really has very little to do with how much you will get for it. With 90 miles on it it is still a used bike any way you look at it.

I guess I have to ask. Why did you buy a New 2014 TW if you wanted something with EFI? Is there something about the TW that you are not liking after running it for 90 miles? Be happy it is not a $30,000 car or truck you just bought and drove off the dealers lot only to want to sell it.

GaryL
    joeband likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I'm crazy when it comes to bikes. It's a sickness. This is my 8th bike.. 2nd tw. I just realized after having fuel injection it's hard to go back to a carb.. they even go for more over here then 5g believe it or not. I have it on Craigslist and will try to trade it.. i will continue to ride it as its fun as he'll once it warms up.. so as a seller I don't want to get ripped off either. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I was having the same problem as you when I got mine a couple of weeks ago (new 2013 leftover). It was very frustrating until the thing got warmed up. I had a fellow Tw'er send me a message to a few things to do to make it better. Mine need the carb rebuilt because of being a left over and gas setting in it. After the rebuilt it was still a pain in the azz to keep running when cold. They had the idle real low and it was just painful when cold. I opened up the idle mixture screw (after taking plug out). Now I pull the enricher out all the way for about 10 seconds, one notch in and let it warm up for a few minutes until idle speeds up and then push it in all the way and it is ready to go. Not painful at all now. By the time I get my gear on the bike is ready to go. What is cool about it is I can still shim and rejet and gain even more but I am pretty happy right now. I would just hate to see you give up a great bike because of a little carb issue. But I was in your shoe a week and a half ago and was frustrated too. Jim
    fandango and williamemack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fandango View Post
    So far a forum member said he would give $2500 and then 3g.. i want to get a fuel injected something. I am thinking xt250, tu250x crf250l. What else is there??.. something im not going to need a lot of money for.. hear on long island you can't get a tw200 for under 5 out the door after tax and dealers fees.. thanks there is 90 miles on her and never took off road yet.. 3 g was a low ball offer..
    I am that member although a new one. I did not intend to hurt your feelings or lowball you. The fact is you are correct. A new 14 in my area is about $4900 out the door with tax tag title and fees. Which puts the bike new at 4k. They have a list of around $4590 but our dealers take $500 off list so back to 4k for a new bike. You can't really expect to get your tax tag and fees back can you? That said I did offer you 3k, just 1k less than new. I'm sure you will find a buyer. Good luck with your sale. I'm off to look at a TW in Boca with under 700 miles at 11AM. Hoping to join the club. Thanks.

Oh here is one from your area from a dealer before taxes and fees of course. I'm still interested if you have a price in mind please private message me or just list your bike for sale in the classified section with a price. Thanks.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mcd/4393294022.html
    Last edited by SFL101; 04-18-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Brooklyn is about 2 hrs away from where I am and that dealer puts that out there to drag you in know way they can let the bike go under msrp $4590 plus ny state tax.. they might be able to waive a freight fee but you need to also pay ny dmv registration. . Anyways no offense given. I have a family and my daughter is going to be 1 next month and so can't let it loose for peanuts.. bike is great I might trade it in even. .

The worst part about NY and probably most other states is that you just paid the sales tax, title and reg fees. Any new owner of your new bike is going to have to pay all those taxes and fee again when he registers it. That means if you sell it for say $4K the new owner will have close to $500 additional on top of that. Why not just buy a brand new one from a dealer with a full warranty, zero miles and it is all yours from day one.

I do think if I was in your position I would be looking in to upgrading this bike to an EFI system. I know Qwerty has such a system on his TDub2 and I am sure it is doable. I am up in the Catskills about 3 hours from you and it is colder here. I can go out in my unheated garage and fire up my 1991 with a brand new carburetor on it and in 2 minutes the choke is off and it is ready to run, I rode it yesterday in 35 degrees. It is no speed demon by any stretch and with stock gearing I can get it up to around 65 MPH but it seems to like 50 real well. Out here with all these secondary back roads and trails all over it is a great bike. I would not take it on the Thruway and only ever get on Rt. 17 for an exit or two when absolutely necessary. For commuting out on the island it is about the last bike I would want.

Good luck with your sale. I already have 2 TWs but being a natural born wheeler dealer if I saw a craig's list add for a 2014 TW with 90 miles that I could rob for $2500-$2700 I would be headed for my savings bank and the gas station to take a ride and get it.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by fandango View Post
    I think you should entice is with illustrious pictures of this glorious 2014! Pictures Sell!!! It's like telling us you have a really cute friend who is single we are scared until we see how cute she really is
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

rbm
    You could get the best price a dealer will give you for a trade and post it for sale for that price + the tax on that amount so you'd break even. Doing this would give someone a good opportunity for a great deal on a new TW.

Someone offered 3500 for the beast but I'm just having to much fun commuting back and forth to work. 20140410_161039.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links