1996 TW200 for $700 in Minnesota!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 1996 TW200 for $700 in Minnesota!

1996 TW200 for $700 in Minnesota!

I know, I know....this thread should appear in the CLASSIFIEDS. My buddy came across this ad on Easter and sent it my way. It's only three days old, as of today. I just wanted to put it in GENERAL DISCUSSION for better exposure. This is cheap enough to get the people who were'nt thinking of buying another bike thinking about it. It's not a garage queen, but sounds like a runner!

1996 Yamaha TW 2oo On/OFF Road bike - $700

1996 Yamaha TW 2oo On/OFF Road bike
    littletommy likes this.
    God willin' and the creek don't rise.

Quote Originally Posted by 50short View Post
    I know, I know....this thread should appear in the CLASSIFIEDS. My buddy came across this ad on Easter and sent it my way. It's only three days old, as of today. I just wanted to put it in GENERAL DISCUSSION for better exposure. This is cheap enough to get the people who were'nt thinking of buying another bike thinking about it. It's not a garage queen, but sounds like a runner!

1996 Yamaha TW 2oo On/OFF Road bike - $700

1996 Yamaha TW 2oo On/OFF Road bike
    Yeah and he even say's to "shoot him an offer". That means to me, if you had 6bills in hand, person to person or maybe even 5, you could load it up and take it home, especially after you nit pic over it and find more things needing attention. They don't come along cheap very often.

50Short- go git it!!
    He's gonna go lower!!
    Last edited by littletommy; 04-21-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    50short likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

rbm
    I'd show him $500 and see hat happens, it's a deal at the asking price if it's in decent shape.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would be all over this bike if it were nearby!

First off, it is mis-posted as a TW 2oo and not a TW 200 so it may be below the radar of people searching for a TW200 or TW 200. This means that the guy may not have received much response to his ad.

Second, he admits that it need some work, i.e., sprocket, battery, registration.

Third, he says that he needs it gone ASAP.

This is the perfect recipe for a lowball offer. Depending upon the actual condition of the bike, someone could drive off with this bike for $250-400.00. I wish it could be me!

Brian
    50short likes this.

Road trip !!!
    50short likes this.

I'm seriously thinking about it just to have around as a spare! Wife would kill me though
    God willin' and the creek don't rise.

Quote Originally Posted by 50short View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about it just to have around as a spare! Wife would kill me though
    Go for it, you're probably less than 20 minutes away from Chaska. Tell your wife you are looking at it for me for my grandson in Wayzata.
    joeband and Fred like this.

Keep it if you can, if she get's mad, part it out, make some money (more than you paid for sure), buy her something nice and all will be forgiven.
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

DAMN! I was just up there this weekend!!!

Deal Or No Deal---- Condition makes all the difference. This is exactly what I did last November when I got my 88 project. The guy wanted $700 and I got it for $500 plus the hundred dollar road trip.

So here is the deal as honestly as I can say it. At $500 if the wheels, forks, swing arm, engine and carb are OK with a little work and the bike has papers you can't possibly loose. Part it out right here and make some $$$.

The flip side is to make it a running and road worthy bike and this is where the real condition really comes in to play. Plan on right around $400 just putting tires, tubes, both sprockets plus the seals and gasket and a good chain on it. If it needs a tank or a brand new carb add another $400. Then you can start with all the other stuff that could need attention. Needs some plastic or electrical parts to make it road worthy and pass inspection and in no time you can have $1500 + involved in a cheap bike that may only be worth what you put in to it minus all your labor. Also remember most states will charge you taxes and title fees when you get it registered in your name so the title is legit and you can sell it without issues.

I can tell you from the experience I have with my 88 I would be far ahead to have just parted it out and made a couple hundred rather than to bring it back to a useful life. I will be a staunch advocate to always tell any members to buy a good running, well maintained and not beat TW for a little more if you plan to keep it. When you go in to a project such as what I did you are in for a rude awakening as you begin the process of rebuilding a hard ridden TW. All the nickle and dime stuff starts adding up quick if you want a bike that is dependable enough to let your wife or kids drive. I have all the receipts for every penny I have spent just getting my project up and running so it can pass my state inspection and be worthy enough for me to take it out on the road for an enjoyable day trip. I won't ride a bike that is subject to brake down at any time or has questionable safety factors needing immediate attention. My 88 is finally ready for me to go for a ride but it is also still a very ugly duck on top of an almost brand new sub frame. To bring it to the next level and do the complete ground up restoration with fresh paint and a new tank and seat will easily cost me another $500 and take most of next winter to strip it all down do the face lift. Then you have to ask yourself the all important question, What is an almost prefect 1988 TW with 1900 miles on it really worth? I will bet the collective here would give numbers far less than what I actually will have in it. And that is just the way it is! Find an 88 or 96 TW that is road ready with just some simple maintenance that looks pretty decent and pay the man $1500 or what ever and just go riding unless you are like me and have to rescue sad bikes and always have a project or three in the shop to keep you busy.

GaryL
    R100RT likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links