WTB- Factory blue gas tank
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WTB- Factory blue gas tank

WTB- Factory blue gas tank

I have a 1 owner 89 TW that is untouched. Bought the bike with 654 miles on it for a 88yr old gentleman. I was loading the bike in my truck and the ramp slide out. The Damage was a dented tank and a bent clutch lever. I would love a replacement, and I have thought about an upgrade. Any info would be great. Thanks

My dad and his sister.

Dad and Mom with the dog(Maddy)

PlacerLode and Fred like this.

Dad appears to be smiling, so I think you did a good thing. If you can't find a stock tank here, you might consider a Clarke tank.

YAMAHA TW200 (ALL YEARS) 2.7 GALLONS [11611] - $229.00 : Clarke Manufacturing, Master of Plastic Fuel Tanks

One nice thing is that it hold almost another gallon of fuel than the stock tank.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

i think the only blue tanks that are available are the 2006, otherwise you are looking at used. Good luck finding an 89 Faraway Blue tank in any condition, the best one in existence was probably on your bike before it slid off the ramp.

PS: Don't lose or damage those Robin Blue plastics, those are also discontinued (only came on 1989 model)

In short, that whole bike is a collectors Item, your best bet is to replace all the plastics with white, get a white tank and black seat, then put all the original Blue pieces in storage.
    Last edited by TWrider; 05-12-2014 at 01:04 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There was a guy on Craigslist in Mesa AZ selling a blue old style TW tank (new OEM) for $200 as I recall it was listed for a few years (literally) not sure if it's still on there

He also had it listed on eBay
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 05-12-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

TW200 PARTS 1987-2014
    not blue but might help
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

To get an idea of what your bike might look like with a XT350 tank on it take a look at "The Parts Bike".

P3171285.JPG
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Too bad about damage to mint '89. Cute pic of happy pappy and crew.
    Maybe possible for auto body shop to fix dent and repaint if necessary, or paint any other year TW's tank to suit. Decals might be hard to find.
    New parents might be hard to find too,make 'em wear helmets before a spill...and maybe doggles for Maddy.

Thanks for great info. the tank isn't bad just not perfect. All the pictures are with the dented tank. as for replacing the plastics. I agree.

So how badly is the tank dented? Pictures please. It is always sad when you do a dummy and put a cosmetic blemish on an otherwise gorgeous bike. Some dents can be repaired pretty easily and then you have to consider it is a TW and if you are having fun on it it will go down a time or ten! I bet the engine won't give a hoot about the dent in the tank and not many of us give much of a hoot about it either. New tanks are ridiculously pricy and used ones are right up there too if you can even find your color with no dents.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I will get some pics up soon. Raining like crazy right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links