Wanting to trade 02 klr 650 for a good tw 200 in midwest
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wanting to trade 02 klr 650 for a good tw 200 in midwest

Sold........Wanting to trade 02 klr 650 for a good tw 200 in midwest

Hi all
    New here

I just got a 02 klr 650 with the intentions of doing some day long gravel road rides.I have since found out my hands have different plans.I cannot ride more than 15 min before my hands are dangerously numb.

Would like to trade it for a GOOD tw 200 .I can use it to do short trips here around the lake I live at .
    Klr is in good shape,runs good,rides good,new back tire,184xx miles

I am in SW missouri and would travel a couple hour for a meet.

Brian
    Last edited by bucdriver; 05-26-2014 at 09:50 PM.

rbm
    Hello and welcome! Good luck in your search!

pictures may help.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

klr 650 001.JPG
    I tried adding pics but not getting anywhere.............email and I will send pics

Brian

184000 miles dammmmmmn!

that is 18,400 miles...............you have an extra zero

18,400 is nothing for a well maintained KLR. Much like the Mighty TW, the KLR engine is pretty bulletproof as long as you keep good oil in it , keep the valves adjusted and make sure the balancer chain system (specifically the balancer idler arm and spring (AKA the Doohickey) is in good shape. Has the Doo been done?

Really tempting trade offer, but I wouldn't trade my TW. It complements my KLR nicely. If I had a 2nd TW I'd be all over this. I like the green KLRs.

Just throwing this out there: If your only issue is with the handlebar vibration, there are several things that can be done to address it.

1) Inspect the condition of the doohickey spring/lever. It made a huge difference in overall vibration on my '08 (opened and the spring had zero tension at 5k) with the system operating properly. The Gen1's had more of an issue with the lever or spring breaking. If all the mechanicals are good, make sure you adjust the tension on the system periodically for best operation. (If you have never adjusted it, I would reccomend not doing so until you can inspect the condition of the system 1st - broken lever/spring floating around in the engine = bad thing.)

2) Bar weights/brushguards/vibration dampeners: Adding barweights or brushguards can help reduce the vibrations, as well as filling the bar (silicone, lead shot, bar snake etc.). There are some risers out there that also incorporate vibration dampening into the riser. I use brushguards and quelled a bit of vibe, and putting some silicone in the bar is on my list.

3) Grips/gloves: Cushier grips and good gloves with padding in the palm can help as well.

4) Ergos: Make sure the bike "fits" you. Adjust the bars, seat, and pegs for max comfort while sitting so you reduce the amount of pressure on your hands from bad positioning.

IMO any thumper is going to have some vibration (including the TW). No matter what bike many of the fixes are the same and all are fairly easy. A different thumper may not provide much of a difference in the vibration department, if that is your primary reason for trying a different bike.

At any rate - GLWT!

My main reason is height and weight. A short and lighter bike will work much better for what I will end up doing with it 90% of the time.When I got the klr I had been looking for a tw,but not finding .

I'm your huckleberry !
    heres my bike. I would trade in a heartbeat. Trouble is Missouri is a long way from NY,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg

I can tell you,I dont want on bad enough to drive to NY..............If you want to travel I might be interested
    Call is you are serious...

Brian
    417-818-9926

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links