HELP Unka Bob!!! He needs 2 buy some parts!
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eventiller

Thread: HELP Unka Bob!!! He needs 2 buy some parts!

HELP Unka Bob!!! He needs 2 buy some parts!

OoOooOhhhhhhh Unka Bob needs stuff to make his new (1987) Tdub run.

God bless 'em, he's really not my uncle, but he may as well be. He and my late father were motorbike buds from wayyyyyy back. I'm guessing Bob is at least 77 years old now.

I feel obligated, I mean it's Unka Bob and he liked my TW, plus he's been looking for a year, well...

He bought a leaner. You know, one he found outside leaning against a shed. It's been through some COLD winters here in PA. It ain't done it any favors. Especially inside the carb and tank.

So, that's been reworked and he needed a coil, (it was missing), and a petcock, (it was missing), the tank was off, I assume the previous owner tried to clean it, and now it's in need of sealing... so I took n bought him that stuff over there on fleaBay, a coil and a petcock, and a oil filter.

That all came in the mail today, except the petcock, and we wanted to know if the power plant would speak, so I bolted down the coil for him. FIRE AT THE PLUG! Good sign, good sign.

I snugged it down and well, after tinkering a bit, removed the carb, stripped the carb, soaking the parts, compressed air and the ya ya, (drilled out the Air Fuel plug while I was there), reassembling the carb, WHAMBO!! we did get it to fire up!

Not run as in ride it, it fired up and half baked ideled. We feed it fuel through a squeeze bottle, but it did run. That's a huge step in the right direction considering the carb was varished shut. I've never seen one quite that bad. The tank is in a box on his garage floor. I'm thinking his MPG from the squeeze bottle ain't gonna be as good.

My guess is the missing air cleaner isn't helping much for tuning that cartb either. So anyway, you know a little about Unka Bob's new old Tdub. It's blue and white, the seat is nice, the tank is nice all the plastics are there EXCEPT the left side plate that covers the air box. Likewise, the air box lid and filter cage and filter element are missing. So, yep, he needs those. I'll list what I think he needs to sit on it and ride for ice cream...

1987 Model T-dub 2 hun-net, blue and white, n nat.

Unka Bob's wishlist;

(1) Air box lid / side door (and screws if ya gots em.)

(1) Air box filter cage (for the element)

(1) Air box filter element. (He can get that pretty easy local.)

(1) Left plastic side plate.

Now Unka Bob want's to buy this stuff. He ain't a rich fella, but he is a proud fella who likes to fix stuff. He likes motorbikes, and he really loves his little leaner Tdub.

Can ya help Unka Bob???? Throw us a note eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and if ya got carb jets that somebody doesn't need or use anymore... I had to pin clean his and I'm banking on it being way lean, just like my 87 was.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Last edited by eventiller; 06-03-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Cuz I dun speLl two gud, n nat.
    Fred likes this.

rbm
    Hello and welcome! I can't help you with parts but I'm sure someone here has something you need.

I have a 94 carb that we took off rainbow warrior disassembly at Brian's wrench and ride. Bike fired up after sitting for 3-4 years when we put fresh fuel in it. I did ride bike up and down street but idle was poor and would really need to flush out carb before using. $75 plus shipping/
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ive got the airbox cover, and filter screen. No filter or plastic. 20 shipped?

Sponosred Links