WTB TW200 in Boston/South Shore Mass area
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB TW200 in Boston/South Shore Mass area

Title pretty much says it, looking to spend around $2000.

There is one in Vermont on ADV Rider now for $1800. Looks nice.
    ADVrider

I have seen a CL WTB add that might be yours. It says something like wanting a low mile, super condition bike with no dents or scratches and ready to ride. I get a chuckle every time I check these WTB adds. It is certainly a noble search and there are a few such "Garage Queen" bikes hiding out here in the deep woods but when you add a price limit of $2,000 to this mix I think you could be barking at the moon.

A new TW can be had for somewhere right around $4,000 out the door. One that is almost new and in 10 out of 10 condition with just a few hundred easy miles on it should easily be a great deal at around $3,000 but you could make a super deal and almost find one you could be stealing for far less. Getting the word out that you are searching and being ready to roll with cash in hand is the real key to such great deals. Being "Quick" on the draw and having the ability to make a rapid decision is imperative and you could be running on a wild goose chase in a lot of the search.

Do not discount older TWs! IMHO a 1990 is just as valuable as a 2010 in the same outstanding condition. You have to take in to account the need to replace old tires and some carb and fuel system issues but there is nothing that would hold me back when a real pretty older bike crosses my path.
    Things to watch for and keep in mind when looking at pre owned older TWs are parts availability. We know that plastics are interchangeable in almost all cases but colors can be a real problem. If you need turquoise plastics or a certain color tank you might have a real hard time finding these parts in outstanding condition and they are not available from the dealers at any price. Finding a near perfect 88, 90 or 91 tank is near impossible but black and white plastics are pretty easy. I love the odd colored tanks and plastics of some of the past years but they sure could be a big problem if you ever need to replace them. I am not overly fond of the basic white bikes but they do have some advantages in the long run.

Good luck in your search and be sure to check out the thread showing all the bikes and colors throughout the years.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I have seen a CL WTB add that might be yours. It says something like wanting a low mile, super condition bike with no dents or scratches and ready to ride. I get a chuckle every time I check these WTB adds. It is certainly a noble search and there are a few such "Garage Queen" bikes hiding out here in the deep woods but when you add a price limit of $2,000 to this mix I think you could be barking at the moon.

A new TW can be had for somewhere right around $4,000 out the door. One that is almost new and in 10 out of 10 condition with just a few hundred easy miles on it should easily be a great deal at around $3,000 but you could make a super deal and almost find one you could be stealing for far less. Getting the word out that you are searching and being ready to roll with cash in hand is the real key to such great deals. Being "Quick" on the draw and having the ability to make a rapid decision is imperative and you could be running on a wild goose chase in a lot of the search.

Do not discount older TWs! IMHO a 1990 is just as valuable as a 2010 in the same outstanding condition. You have to take in to account the need to replace old tires and some carb and fuel system issues but there is nothing that would hold me back when a real pretty older bike crosses my path.
    Things to watch for and keep in mind when looking at pre owned older TWs are parts availability. We know that plastics are interchangeable in almost all cases but colors can be a real problem. If you need turquoise plastics or a certain color tank you might have a real hard time finding these parts in outstanding condition and they are not available from the dealers at any price. Finding a near perfect 88, 90 or 91 tank is near impossible but black and white plastics are pretty easy. I love the odd colored tanks and plastics of some of the past years but they sure could be a big problem if you ever need to replace them. I am not overly fond of the basic white bikes but they do have some advantages in the long run.

Good luck in your search and be sure to check out the thread showing all the bikes and colors throughout the years.

GaryL
    That was not my ad, this thread is the only thing I've posted looking for a TW. I'd actually prefer an older model that needs some work.

Quote Originally Posted by martyshannon View Post
    That was not my ad, this thread is the only thing I've posted looking for a TW. I'd actually prefer an older model that needs some work.
    i'm over in franklin and had been looking too, just picked up a 2006. NH seems to have a much better selection than down here.

You do need to sometimes travel a little bit. I bought one of mine in Vermont and the other in Connecticut.

Here are a couple i found on CL that are older and within your price range.
    yamaha street legal tw200This one is a 1996 in Maine

1996 Yamaha TW200 And another 1996 in Vermont
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

this one is in VT too...posted on CL one day ago. older model but low miles

1996 Yamaha TW200

I got my 2005 for $2300, only had about 1500 miles on it. but I did look for 2 summers to find one
    2005 Tdub

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    You do need to sometimes travel a little bit. I bought one of mine in Vermont and the other in Connecticut.

Here are a couple i found on CL that are older and within your price range.
    yamaha street legal tw200This one is a 1996 in Maine

1996 Yamaha TW200 And another 1996 in Vermont
    Yeah I've noticed there is barely any around eastern Mass so I've been searching throughout New England.

yea good luck...some of the dealers don't carry them and some don't even know that they are still being made...so it doesn't suprise me that there aren't many around this area...i had to go to rhode island to get mine...use search tempest to search craigslist and vary your search spellings...search tw200, tw 200, trailway, yamaha dual sport, etc...i actually find that my craigslist iphone app pulls up the most results and sometimes search tempest misses some

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links