WTB x2 TWs in close proximity; hints?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WTB x2 TWs in close proximity; hints?

WTB x2 TWs in close proximity; hints?

Looking to buy two cheap (less than $2000, hopefully $1500 or less) TWs.

Can travel anywhere. Prefer registered (Australian buying in the USA for road-trip).

Any hints? Do I just find one, then look for another and roadtrip towards it?

FWIW, we're flying into NY on July 4th. Will want bikes ASAP. One in, or near, NY would work well, and we could just ride towards another 2-up.

Thanks, Rob.
    Last edited by turborob; 06-09-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Not real close but I will mention it. There is a 2008 at B & B boats & bikes in sikeston Missouri for 1750$. it's a good lookin bike with 3000 miles on it. There is an airport with commercial flights to St. Louis (30$-50$ one way) about 30 miles from there. They did have two, the other was a 2005. I bought it though. The dealer said they came from the same owner who used them to scout crops. To me that means that they were used but not abused and probably maintained well. The wheels have paint chips from traveling gravel roads. There were a few paint chips on the tank. But overall the bike looks fantastic compared to the others I found on the web for the same money. It might be worth the extra travel, check it out.

I see 2 posted in pa on here. One seems a little high for a 2003 though

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What's your plans anyway? Where are you trying to see?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have a Tw200 for sale. 1995 very good condition. I don't know the mileage because I bought it with a broken speedo. Many new parts and upgrades of the type that appear on this forum. New tires front and back, new chain and sprokets, electronic gauges, ready to ride. Clean title, currently on the road.
    call me 845.590.5254. I live about 70 miles north of New York City. I'm looking to get $1900.00
    Last edited by gregor; 06-11-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Greg

just checked out your pics in the other forum. i am very very very jealous. looks like an unbelievable adventure. and you are traveling with some very pretty females. tell the girls they are gorgeous.

I think you are pulling my leg!

I am in NY and about 2 hours north west of NYC. I have 2 very worthy TWs in my garage and I have just finished complete updates on both. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either bike and both are good to run for a very long time as evidenced by the NE Russ Ralley both of my bikes performed flawlessly on this past weekend.

My 1988 has some wear and tear but is completely road worthy with brand new tires, tubes, X ring chain and sprockets and lots of other new parts. The engine runs great with only 1975 miles and fresh oil, filter and all adjustments just made.

My 1991 is a gorgeous bike with all the best farkles we all talk about here. New tires and tubes filled with Ride On balancer/puncture protectant just like the 88, DID X ring chain and new sprockets, Jimbo shield, bark buster hand guards with covers, outstanding Lizrdbrth oil cooler, 12 volt plugs for accessories and a battery tender fixed plug. Both bikes have Coleman seat cushions and fresh fork oil and I don't skimp on anything. The 1991 just turned 1,000 miles and looks about as close to showroom as you will ever find and has a Cycle Rack rear rack and a great dog carrier box if you need it. The shock has a 19 KG spring from Pro Cycle to handle the extra weight and a locking tool tube is mounted on the rear rack. Pro Taper bars and the front fender is raised an inch. That's around $1700 in added extras on a super nice condition bike I began with.

I don't have to do a thing to grab a pal and go for a real long ride on either of my bikes and both have new or newly rebuilt carbs. You could ask anyone who rode with us last weekend and my TWs were just ready to roll. Both are registered, insured with titles in hand and passed a NY inspection last week.

You can have them both for $4,500 and drive them back to home with very minor adjustments and oil changes on the way. I will just buy a new one and start all over again. Seems I have more fun making TWs right than I do riding them and I sure do love working on them to make sure all systems are go.

The 1988 could be a real looker if you tore it down and got rid of the flat black spray paint the PO thought looked cool and brought it back to a red frame with black tank, plastics and the 88s are well loved for.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I think you are pulling my leg!

I am in NY and about 2 hours north west of NYC. I have 2 very worthy TWs in my garage and I have just finished complete updates on both. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either bike and both are good to run for a very long time as evidenced by the NE Russ Ralley both of my bikes performed flawlessly on this past weekend.

My 1988 has some wear and tear but is completely road worthy with brand new tires, tubes, X ring chain and sprockets and lots of other new parts. The engine runs great with only 1975 miles and fresh oil, filter and all adjustments just made.

My 1991 is a gorgeous bike with all the best farkles we all talk about here. New tires and tubes filled with Ride On balancer/puncture protectant just like the 88, DID X ring chain and new sprockets, Jimbo shield, bark buster hand guards with covers, outstanding Lizrdbrth oil cooler, 12 volt plugs for accessories and a battery tender fixed plug. Both bikes have Coleman seat cushions and fresh fork oil and I don't skimp on anything. The 1991 just turned 1,000 miles and looks about as close to showroom as you will ever find and has a Cycle Rack rear rack and a great dog carrier box if you need it. The shock has a 19 KG spring from Pro Cycle to handle the extra weight and a locking tool tube is mounted on the rear rack. Pro Taper bars and the front fender is raised an inch. That's around $1700 in added extras on a super nice condition bike I began with.

I don't have to do a thing to grab a pal and go for a real long ride on either of my bikes and both have new or newly rebuilt carbs. You could ask anyone who rode with us last weekend and my TWs were just ready to roll. Both are registered, insured with titles in hand and passed a NY inspection last week.

You can have them both for $4,500 and drive them back to home with very minor adjustments and oil changes on the way. I will just buy a new one and start all over again. Seems I have more fun making TWs right than I do riding them and I sure do love working on them to make sure all systems are go.

The 1988 could be a real looker if you tore it down and got rid of the flat black spray paint the PO thought looked cool and brought it back to a red frame with black tank, plastics and the 88s are well loved for.

GaryL
    That's a great deal right there! Problem solved!

turborob is good people, so treat him nicely. Best of luck with the trip and by all means look up the TW folks as you travel. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Schmitty: our plans our limited. We would like to extend our 90 day tourist visa, but are not sure if it will be possible. For now, the plan is to find two bikes, meet friends in Yellowstone, ride over the west coast and hang out with them for a week or so. Then, we're free to travel around for a few months. We know astonishingly little about what to see/do in the states, but we'll be avoiding cities where we can due to accommodation's costs; we're on a 'camping' budget! I hear good things about Utah, so we'll be looking around there. We're also considering riding down to Mexico, but perhaps towards the latter part of the trip when the weather is a little cooler. We're happy to have suggestions thrown our way. For now, it's sell our bikes in Peru or Ecuador (which is proving harder than we thought) and try to arrange bikes in the US. We'll make up the US part as we go along.

Gregor: yours is a consideration (I'll elaborate a little more further on).

GaryL: your beasts are tempting too, but they're priced above what we're looking to pay at this stage. Though the fact we don't have to make a domestic flight within the states, is an advantage.

I've actually contacted another forum member who has two TWs for sale, but I've been waiting on a response for a few days now. I'll probably give it another day or two, then consider other options.

peruano: thank you. Sending PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links