WTB: TWO**ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO** TW200's for wife and self (near DFW TX)
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: WTB: TWO**ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO** TW200's for wife and self (near DFW TX)

Question WTB: TWO**ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO** TW200's for wife and self (near DFW TX)

NOTE - If you're reading this thread, we bought 1 and are now looking for another.

Wife and I are looking to buy two TW200's for ourselves. Needs to be within about 200mi of DFW, TX.
    Must have clear titles and be in good to very good condition. Stock is preferred.
    We have cash and patience, looking to pay about $1,500 - $1,700 each.

We are both experienced, licensed riders. Our last bikes were a 1995 HD FLHTCU and a 2009 FLSTN.
    We sold them a few years ago and miss going riding together. After a lot of research and talking, we made up our minds to get back to riding.

I'm subscribed and watching the thread, checking CL and other sources.

Humbly,

Dutch & Tina
    395055_489228181108807_1912924229_n.jpg
    Last edited by 4x4Given; 08-05-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Welcome. Keep an eye on here and Craigslist as you have been. The two best/cheapest sources that I've found. If you're willing to travel or have the bike shipped you can use Google search rather than the CL search to check all of craigslist (nationwide) and find what you're looking for. Just go into advanced search and tell Google to search "www.craigslist.org" for "TW200". Best of luck.
    Last edited by Ice_Man; 07-31-2014 at 10:38 PM.
    Padilen likes this.

rbm
    Hello and welcome! I've had good luck using Searchtempest to filter CL adds in the past. Good luck in your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good luck with the search!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Thanks, guys! Found a '99 that looks solid (4k miles and stock), near home. Guy is asking $1,500. We won't be back for about 2 weeks, so I'm going to see about having a buddy (also a bike rider / shade tree mech) go over and check it out. If it's good, I may snag it.

I know it might seem like we're aiming a bit high on wanting to buy a pair of good to very good TW's for $3,000 to $3,500, but we think it is actually reasonable with a bit of patience. I'm going to start on a HF trailer build very soon. It will be set up to haul both scoots behind the RV (40' 5er), pickup (F350 CC 4x4 DRW) or the wife's Hyundai Elantra. That is, anytime we don't just simply ride them to where we are going.

Our idea is to ride (putt) around town, on back roads (live in a semi-rural area), campgrounds, a tad bit of light off roading. We're older now and not ready to give up doing one of the most enjoyable activities we know. Riding together.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Given View Post
    Wife and I are looking to buy two TW200's for ourselves. Needs to be within about 200mi of DFW, TX.
    Must have clear titles and be in good to very good condition. Stock is preferred.
    We have cash and patience, looking to pay about $1,500 - $1,700 each.

We are both experienced, licensed riders. Our last bikes were a 1995 HD FLHTCU and a 2009 FLSTN.
    We sold them a few years ago and miss going riding together. After a lot of research and talking, we made up our minds to get back to riding.

I'm subscribed and watching the thread, checking CL and other sources.

Humbly,

Dutch & Tina
    395055_489228181108807_1912924229_n.jpg

If your wife can handle the machine in the photo the TW is going be a piece of cake for her. I have seen a few nice ones on Craig's List. I wish my wife would ride. Many years ago I bought two Honda Trail 90s with the idea of us riding together. She was very disinterested. I finally got her on one of them out in front of the house. She drove it about 50 feet, then stopped and said "come and get it" She walked away from it and never touched it again.
    Gulfrider likes this.

Actually, the *NEED* to get back on bikes started about a month ago and we started hunting for a pair CT90's or 110's. I had completely forgot about the TW's and when I stumbled across this forum and started reading (lurking) and doing some in depth research, I suggested we head over to the local Yamaha dealer and "examine" one. Needless to say, we are sold on getting TW's. Fits the bill better than the CT's and in the long run we'll be much happier. Oh, and yes, she'll be able to handle it just fine. But... she's a short legged 5'3" and can *BARELY* touch tippy toe when sitting on the TW. As you know this can be resolved fast, easy and cheap. Wait... all 3 at the same time?!?!? One more reason that you know the TW is the right choice.

Humbly,

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Given View Post
    Actually, the *NEED* to get back on bikes started about a month ago and we started hunting for a pair CT90's or 110's. I had completely forgot about the TW's and when I stumbled across this forum and started reading (lurking) and doing some in depth research, I suggested we head over to the local Yamaha dealer and "examine" one. Needless to say, we are sold on getting TW's. Fits the bill better than the CT's and in the long run we'll be much happier. Oh, and yes, she'll be able to handle it just fine. But... she's a short legged 5'3" and can *BARELY* touch tippy toe when sitting on the TW. As you know this can be resolved fast, easy and cheap. Wait... all 3 at the same time?!?!? One more reason that you know the TW is the right choice.

Humbly,

Dutch
    The Honda CT-110 is low and a person can board in front of the seat. The problem is it's difficult to find one in good shape and the price is too high, they have become vintage collectors items. So the TW was the right choice. The CT is too gutless anyway. In a headwind going up hill it's a joke.

Well, the 2009 that came up on CL, near us, sold before the seller ever replied to my email. No biggie. We are now scouring dealers for 2013's that are left over. What we hope to do is find a dealer with two, OR one and they can get another transferred / traded to them. The idea is we plan to offer $7,000 OTD for a pair of 2013's. Cash.

Unless, I find a pair of good (and I do mean good) used ones near us (within a 100 miles or so, of DFW) for about $1,500 to $1,750 each. Doesn't need to be from the same seller.

The reward of patience = satisfaction.

Interestingly, I just found a PAIR of new 2009 TW's at a dealer in Chandler, AZ. But, they're asking $3,899 each. (really??? ) Also interesting is that the pictures of them look like 2103's (white front fenders) Hmmmm...
    http://www.ridenowchandler.com/defau...del=tw200&d=on
    Last edited by 4x4Given; 08-03-2014 at 01:00 PM.

good luck getting them cheaper then that .. in California a left over 2013 still gets 4500 out the door .. I got lucky and just got my 2014 for 4500 cash out the door after calling every dealer in socal keep watching craigslist and they pop in your price range but they sell fast .. be prepared to buy within a few hours not just say ill go look at it tomorrow ... good luck in your search
    Last edited by wildhorse1966; 08-03-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links