50/50 Rear Tire For Sale on eBay. More aggressive than stock OEM tire. Very Scarce
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 50/50 Rear Tire For Sale on eBay. More aggressive than stock OEM tire. Very Scarce

50/50 Rear Tire For Sale on eBay. More aggressive than stock OEM tire. Very Scarce

No; I am not the seller, nor do I know the seller. Just passing along the information.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251627621725

Ride on Daddy-O!

rbm
    Interesting! I didn't know these were available.

Edit: Is that the manufacturing date code in the upper right corner of the label? 2001?
    Last edited by rbm; 09-04-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Interesting! I didn't know these were available.
    I don't think they are available any more. I bet this one has been on the shelf for a long time.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This is just my opinion; it looks fine to me. If it's been indoors, and out of the sun; it should be perfectly serviceable. Please don't take my word for it. Y'all do whatever your comfortable with. I'm an old school guy, with old school ways, and I can tell by looking at, and feeling the rubber whether a tire is in good or bad condition. I've got one that age, and I'm putting it on this weekend, along with a Shinko 244 for the front. I'm going back to the off-road configuration, and am changing out the Shinko 428 set that I currently have on. I've got some tires that are NOS, and two to three times that age that are still in excellent condition. They're pretty scarce Dunlop K70's, and Pirelli MT28's. I guarantee I could sell them to vintage restorers who would love to have them, and they would go quick.

rbm
    Gone! Who bought it?

Shit. I had that on my watch list for 2 weeks. I was planing to buy it this weekend when I had the money. Oh well, you snoose, ya loose....
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

My "2 cents": The Cheng-Shin (CS) 180-14 is not available any longer. My buddy and I re-furbished and re-sold a 1998 TW that had a CS on the back when we found it. It still had the little rubber "feelers" so it had almost 0 miles on it. I could tell it was a 10+ year old tire but it had lots of grip and felt just fine. In fact, I started looking for them new. No luck.

The front tire on the 1998 was an OEM Bridgestone. It was harder than the "back-of-God's-head". It was very dangerous to ride. We put on a Shinko 244. I already had one on my '95 TW and loved it. IMO, the front OEM Bridgestone tire is crap. Don't buy a new one! Go with ShinKo. The OEM back tire is actually a very good tire, IMO. However, $75.00+/- (total) was a great deal for that tire.
    Last edited by fishguy; 09-04-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Yah, that was a good price for a tire that size. Again, in my opinion, a much better option than putting an ATV tire on the rear. It was the most aggressive rear tire in our size that I have ever found, and I have spent considerable time searching.

if whoever bought it is a member; please let us know what you think about it.

For an agressive rear knobbie on a TW, the stock Bridgestone is the only one, correct? I was going to buy that CS tire, but I waited to long, and now I'm SOL. Damn I don't need one yet, but saw it, and knowing CS is no longer, I figured I'd grab it. I wish someone made one for the rear more agressive for the rear.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Stock is the only one and it's a great tire all in all. If you want more, you have to go to the larger ATV tires like the bighorn or others.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links