2000 Yamaha TW200 in Missouri, $2000 OBO
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By howardgene63

Thread: 2000 Yamaha TW200 in Missouri, $2000 OBO

2000 Yamaha TW200 in Missouri, $2000 OBO

Seems I'm definitely ready for a more trail-worthy dual sport. While I love my little T-dub, that love doesn't last on the rougher trails...

2000 Yamaha TW 200, approx 5300 miles, with both a kick and electric start. Custom welded rear rack with 2 storage tubes for extra fuel, water bottles, whatever. She also has the bigger TW Clarke tank, which boosted the range to about 130 miles. Shorty smoke Jimbo windscreen, black handguards, high-mount aftermarket fender (mount from Procycle, wider footpegs (not shown). I also painted the plastics black, and re-covered the stock seat in black. The tires are still pretty new, with the OEM rear tire, and a thicker knobby DOT Kenda on the front.

The fork tubes have sealskins on them, with recently replaced fork seals and fresh oil. I also put some aftermarket signals on her, that have held up pretty well on off-road drops. The brake light has also been replaced with LED.

I also have a box of old OEM parts as well as some new replacement parts, and an extra custom rack. I was considering either selling these outright, or handing off to the new owner.

Parts include original tank, painted black (with a few dents), OEM taillight/plate holder, extra custom rack, a set of new EBC 503 shoes that will fit the rear brake, and two new sets of Parts Unlimited fork seals, one new OEM fork seal, and a set of two new fork wipers.

I also have a set of chrome engine fasteners that I've not taken the time to put on the bike. They'll certainly make the engine look a sight prettier. Buy the bike, and they're yours as well, along with the recommended tube of anti-seize lubricant.

I feel I should note, that the orange color on the pipe is NOT rust, rather baked-on Missouri clay. A little time(or at least, more time than I have at my disposal) with some water and a scrub brush will clean it right up.

$2000 OBO; clear title in hand. Cash only. I will only consider trades for a Yamaha XT225/250 or a Honda CRF230L.

Sounds like a decent price on the bike. Is a crf or xt that much better on rough trails? Seems like they would be hampered by budget suspension just like the TW.
    MonkeyShine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by howardgene63 View Post
    Sounds like a decent price on the bike. Is a crf or xt that much better on rough trails? Seems like they would be hampered by budget suspension just like the TW.
    Well, given that the TW's suspension travel is 6.3" on the front and 5.9" on the rear, and the XT is 8.9" on the front and 7.1" on the rear....that's a pretty big difference, in my book. I typically ride the trails at St Joe on a TTR230, which has 9.4" and 8.7" of travel, respectively. The CRF is an option if I can't find an XT, though it has 9" on the front and 6.1" on the rear. Downside is that Clarke doesn't make a tank yet for the CRF230L, or the 250L.

The lower seat height is still a boon to me on the XT, since I stand at about 5'3".

I realize that I'm not going to get a true dirt bike out of an XT, but I think it'll at least stand a closer chance than the TW. Those big tires do like to find the ruts quite well, and stay in them.

Sponosred Links