Trade my engine for your kickstarter?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here's the deal.

I picked up an engine from a 1989 TW200. My plan was to use it as a donor engine for the parts needed to add a kickstarter to my 2005 TW200. Turns out that the engine is a runner that is in good shape. The guy I got it from put in a new stator ($375.00) and pulser coil ($98.00) before he determined that it was the CDI box that was needed to get it running. After dumping all his money into the engine to get it running, he lost interest in his flat-tracker project and decided to part out the bike. I picked up the engine, frame and title.

I can't bring myself to tear apart this engine just for the kickstarter parts, so before I put it on ebay, I thought I would check here to see if there is any interest in one of the following:

Option 1: Send me your blown engine (with good kickstarter assembly) and $300.00. I will use your shipping crate and drop my engine off with the shipper you select at a site near zip code 94566. You pay for shipping.

Option 2: Don't have a donor engine? Send me $400.00 and make arrangements for shipping my engine to you. I will drop off my engine with the shipper you select at a site near zip code 94566. You pay for crating and shipping.

Option 3: Local? Just pick it up and save the shipping costs.

Option 4: ??????????

See pictures below. What you see is what you get - I have no other parts for this engine. I have not personally seen this engine run. The only problems that I have noted with this engine are the following:

-One of the ears on the plastic oil filler cap is broken off. Still works, but is more difficult to grasp.

-One of the bolts for mounting the exhaust header is sheared off. This is shown in one of the pictures below. It is easily accessible and looks to have enough length protruding to get a good grip with some visegrips. I have given it a couple of shots of Kroil but have not attempted to remove the remaining piece.

-There is one missing screw on the stator cover just above the drive sprocket.

I will hold this engine for the first person to send me a nonrefundible $50.00 deposit via Paypal.

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional information.

Brian

Think this will mount up in an 06 frame, I really want a kicker for mine but don't want to piece one together.

Quote Originally Posted by TK200 View Post
    Think this will mount up in an 06 frame, I really want a kicker for mine but don't want to piece one together.

Yes, this engine should bolt right up to your 06 frame.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Not trying to squash any deals, trades, or solutions, but its not hard to uninstall and install the kicker. I had watched a video of an install and subsequently removed all the kicker parts I needed for my 2002 from a 1993 bike in about 30 minutes. I rode my TW to my local mc shop with my parts in a paper bag and my local mechanic had the kicker installed in about 40 or 50 minutes. I know I paid one hour of shop time and needed no new parts (not even gaskets or o rings). Certainly simpler than swapping an engine. I understand why you might not want to junk a working engine, but for the price of shipping an engine you can pay someone to do all of the work. Just my 2 cents worth. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    Not trying to squash any deals, trades, or solutions, but its not hard to uninstall and install the kicker. I had watched a video of an install and subsequently removed all the kicker parts I needed for my 2002 from a 1993 bike in about 30 minutes. I rode my TW to my local mc shop with my parts in a paper bag and my local mechanic had the kicker installed in about 40 or 50 minutes. I know I paid one hour of shop time and needed no new parts (not even gaskets or o rings). Certainly simpler than swapping an engine. I understand why you might not want to junk a working engine, but for the price of shipping an engine you can pay someone to do all of the work. Just my 2 cents worth. Tom
    Pretty much what I was thinking too, I just hate ordering parts returning them and trying to see what works. I'm primarely HD and just got into this little thing. I really like it and a kickstarter is something I don't really need, just something I want.

I have an old busted T-dub engine with a perfect kicker! Option 1 is interesting!

-DCTW

Quote Originally Posted by DCTW View Post
    I have an old busted T-dub engine with a perfect kicker! Option 1 is interesting!

-DCTW

Great!

I sent you a PM with my contact info.

Brian

Bump for a cool guy

hey there. just came upon this thread. did that engine deal ever pan out with you guys? if not, i'm in los angeles, and it's not unfeasible i could come get it. if shipping would be kinda outrageous, i'd rather spend a little bit more for an excuse to take a road trip to the bay area and visit friends who i haven't visited in a while!

my bike is a 2002 and my motor needs to be rebuilt, but has low mileage. if you still have that fully running motor, consider me very interested. the guys at my local shop wanted to charge me (i'm not kidding you) $1200 to rebuild it, so i quickly withdrew the bike from them, knowing there were far better options out there if i was patient. maybe this will be that better option i was thinking of? that would be so awesome.

well, let me know one way or the other. also, what the mileage is on this engine, if you've still got it. it'd be cool if i didn't have to fuss with the engine again for a very long time. i don't own a car, and my TW was my only means of transportation. (also, would be interested in knowing, if anyone has an idea, if there would be any performance differences. i need it to still be freeway-capable for 5-to-7-mile stretches so i can get around to all the places i need to go. or any other differences, like MPG, etc., that i should be aware of in advance?)

thanks!

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the interest, but it appears my engine is already spoken for. I have it all crated up and ready to ship, just awaiting payment. I will let you know if the deal falls through for some reason.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links