X2 TW200s for sale. Near New Mexico or Texas.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: X2 TW200s for sale. Near New Mexico or Texas.

X2 TW200s for sale. Near New Mexico or Texas.

Hi.

Have two TW200s for sale. They have been used for a bit of a USA trip, and we're flying out of the country from Fort Worth around the 10th of November.

They're a 1991 (will have around 11,000 miles on it), and a 1988 (will have around 12,000 miles on it). Consumables on both bikes are good. Overall, the 1991 is in better condition.

Both registered in my name, in Vermont.

If someone wants them with the extras, cool. If not, I'm planning on selling them separately, as I figure we'll get a few more bucks. They both have rear cycleracks (and pannier guards), hand guards, wider foot pegs and the 1991 has an oil cooler, upgraded bars, bash plate and rear spring.

Both run well, but the 1988 has a couple of minor issues (minor oil leak from countershaft seal - or it may be fixed, have all parts), left turn signal doesn't flash and the key doesn't always turn the bike off (turns lights off), but kill-switch works. The 1991, out of the two, is in better condition.

Happy to answer any questions. Expect to be in New Mexico around the 20th of October, then rolling to Texas from there, if they haven't sold. Ideally, I would like to sell them both together.

Will try to find better pics soon.

Not too keen for much negotiation at this stage, but with all the extras would like $2500 for both.

Oh, and if you want the bike's background, they can from forum member GaryL and you can look through his posts to find may answers.

Thanks!

Rob.
    Fred and bananachunks like this.

Good to hear from you again. Boy- do those bikes have stories to tell! What bikes do you think you will be riding in SE Asia? That is where you're headed next?

Wow Rob, that is a fantastic deal for both of my bikes! I know you have maintained them well along the way and the only thing different from when they left here is about 10,000 miles.

For anyone interested in scoring these bikes I can tell you all about them and all the time, money and effort I put in to them before Rob and Kath arrived here to buy them. They left here on July 6 this summer and I was very confident that both bikes would hold up very well on this epic ride across the U.S. as far as I know there were a few minor blurbs along the way, broke throttle cable and a worn steering head bearing but otherwise both bikes did pretty well. The 91 was in near pristine condition with just 1,000 miles on it and fully loaded. Lizrdbrth oil cooler, 19 Kg pro cycleshock spring, Pro taper ATV high bars, cycle rack, bark busters from Moose racing, Jimbo shield, New carb and many other upgrades. It was the nicest 91 you will ever see. Both bikes had brand new sprockets, X ring DID chains, new stock rear tires and tubes all filled with Ride On and new Shinko Goldenboy 244/5.10 up front with new tubes and ride on. The 88 had 1900 miles and was a little rough around the edges from a previous owner with a can of flat black spray paint. Otherwise not physically abused and running strong.

I can't honestly say what 10,000 miles in 4 months might do but this is a smoking deal and will help Rob and Kath out to continue their trip.

GaryL
    Fred likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Rob, we live in Burleson (south side of Fort Worth). We are currently traveling in the RV (in Pennsylvania now) but should be home the first week of November. We've been "following" your trip and it has been amazing! We would like to meet you two, if possible.

Dutch & Tina

Travelling - 1 (Small).jpg
    Last edited by 4x4Given; 10-08-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Sounds good Dutch & Tina - will be in touch!

If I lived closer I'd take them in a heartbeat....

BTW, I still have the original titles to both of these bikes. Vermont never asked for them but if any member here buys the bikes and needs the titles they are yours for the asking. Nothing is out of line on either of these TWs but every state tends to treat titles different, here in this communist state of NY they just get lots of recreation out of playing silly games. Vermont, on the other hand makes it simple to take our money and get you legal.

I also have the original side cover oil filter cover from the 1991 from when I installed the Lizardbrth oil cooler. That cooler gives you a different cover cap but I dam sure don't need the old one. Just give me a proper name and address with the zip code and I will get it to you.

GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub and Fred like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Anybody want to go 50/50 on the pair? How far is it from Texas to Moab?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Anybody want to go 50/50 on the pair? How far is it from Texas to Moab?

Tom
    Only if I get the 91.

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Only if I get the 91.
    I could pick them up in New Mexico.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links