wtb: 89 flasher relay...anyone have one to sell?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wtb: 89 flasher relay...anyone have one to sell?

Hi guys,

I need a flasher relay for my '89 tw200. anyone have a good used one for sale?

thanks.

-twbeagle

rbm
    Did you melt yours too?

Could a new OEM one really be that expensive? I honestly don't know the answer to that but with the basic cost of shipping these days I think I would try Partzilla, Bike Bandit, Rockymountain or any place that sells OEM parts rather than looking for a used one.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Could a new OEM one really be that expensive? I honestly don't know the answer to that but with the basic cost of shipping these days I think I would try Partzilla, Bike Bandit, Rockymountain or any place that sells OEM parts rather than looking for a used one.

Gary, I was originally thinking what you were thinking. So I had a look. If it is located near the front end, and if it is part number 30X-83350-20-00 (Flasher Relay Assembly) one of the cheapest online stores has it for $41, not including shipping. Wow.

There is a used one on e-bay right now for $20.

rbm
    You can get an electronic one from Custom LED for around $20. hen you'll be all set if you decide to get LED turn signals.

Since we don't know which flasher relay we are even talking about it is difficult to be of much help. I have a box with all sorts of those parts but identifying which one it is is pretty tough from where I am sitting. On another note, I have taken dead flasher units in to my local NAPA store and found the exact replacement for $6 when Yamaha wanted $35.

Where is it plugged in and does the dead one have numbers? Stadium Yamaha has blow ups on the web site that you should be able to locate the exact position and part numbers.

GaryL

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies....appreciate all the input. and you were right....a little searching on ebay, and I found a good unit from a 95 tw for 7.00 dollars plus shipping. so for 15 bucks, I should have a good used relay coming. Mike's Motorcycle Parts on Ebay. hope it works out..

and if all else fails....I'll just fork out the 43 dollars and get a new one. but crossing my fingers on this cheap used unit from ebay.

thanks again guys....this is a great site with a lot of good people.

Quote Originally Posted by twbeagle View Post
    Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies....appreciate all the input. and you were right....a little searching on ebay, and I found a good unit from a 95 tw for 7.00 dollars plus shipping. so for 15 bucks, I should have a good used relay coming. Mike's Motorcycle Parts on Ebay. hope it works out..

and if all else fails....I'll just fork out the 43 dollars and get a new one. but crossing my fingers on this cheap used unit from ebay.

thanks again guys....this is a great site with a lot of good people.
    Maybe you missed my post above! If I knew which one you needed and I had one in my box of stuff I would have given it to you and probably paid the shipping. If memory serves me there are a couple relays in the right side electric box and another one or two behind the headlight. I still don't have a clue which one you fried.

GaryL

oh man, I guess I didn't realize you meant you would give it away. I appreciate that generosity and help, tho.

I found the ebay listing inbetween checking back on this site.

it would be the flasher relay under the light shroud on my 1989 model. it's fz257sd or 061300-7090...both numbers are listed on the relay....not sure which one corresponds. thanks GaryL.!!!!

yeah, I didn't realize that there are such cool guys on here who would give me a part!! I found the 7 dollar used one on ebay and thought it couldn't get much cheaper for a used one. I reported back and found that I could have waited a little longer and relied on the tw200 forum!

GaryL. if my ebay relay is a dud....I might have to take u up on that!

but otherwise, thanks for the offer and the help. I appreciate it. have a good night.

-twbeagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links