WANTED: TW 200 transmission counter shaft
Close

WANTED: TW 200 transmission counter shaft

I've been an avid reader of the forum for about a year now learning everything I can before diving into a TW project. I really need just the counter shaft from a TW200 transmission. I don't have a parts bike to source one from but I thought maybe someone on the forum might have one laying around from a previous bike teardown or have one in a spare bottom end. If anybody has one that they would be willing to part with please let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.
    Thanks everyone. I love this forum!

Try eBay, that's where I got mine from. I paid around 40 shipped iirc.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum Doctor (I didn't think you would appreciate being called stupid ).

Joeband is right, you can occasionally find good deals on ebay. I just picked up this pile of parts for $35.00 shipped. The main parts that I was interested in are the internal kickstarter parts and the output shaft.

TW200 Parts.JPG

Also, I am not entirely clear what you are referring to as the transmission counter shaft. Are you referring to what Yamaha calls the Drive Axle Assembly (commonly referred to as the output shaft, which is the longer shaft with 5 gears in the center of the above picture)?

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes sir Brian. The one on the right in that picture. The one the sprocket attaches to and rides in the bearing in the outer engine case. I'll keep an eye on eBay and see what I can find. I'm looking to get one machined for a 6 speed and be able to build it with my bike still on the road.
    Last edited by doctorstupid; 01-04-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Well, the Doctor isn't stupid after all. Good plan to machine six speeder parts in advance. Welcome, luv yer screen name.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by doctorstupid View Post
    Yes sir Brian. The one on the right in that picture. The one the sprocket attaches to and rides in the bearing in the outer engine case. I'll keep an eye on eBay and see what I can find. I'm looking to get one machined for a 6 speed and be able to build it with my bike still on the road.
    That's what I figured you were looking for .

I will keep you in mind if I come across another one.

damn it I was eyeing that pile of schtuff. I wanted the kicker parts. Might be interested in that cam gear though.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Welcome to the forum Doctor (I didn't think you would appreciate being called stupid ).

Joeband is right, you can occasionally find good deals on ebay. I just picked up this pile of parts for $35.00 shipped. The main parts that I was interested in are the internal kickstarter parts and the output shaft.

TW200 Parts.JPG

Also, I am not entirely clear what you are referring to as the transmission counter shaft. Are you referring to what Yamaha calls the Drive Axle Assembly (commonly referred to as the output shaft, which is the longer shaft with 5 gears in the center of the above picture)?

Brian
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Sponosred Links