Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Cable
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By TopPredator

Thread: Fuel vapor canister filter?

Fuel vapor canister filter?

Picked up my California compliant '06 TW200 with less than 800 miles on it and immediately 'Oregonized' it. The first thing I did was replace the rear sprocket with a 55 tooth for the lower gear range - perfect for our timbered country - and removed the gas tank vapor filter which is required down south and in some other areas. I don't think I will need the canister and see no reason to hang onto it. Am I wrong to sell it? What is it worth to someone who needs it?
    Fred likes this.

It's not worth a nickel. Most everyone who can, takes them off, me included. Chuck it in your parts box, just in case you move to California some day and have to put it back on to pass inspection.
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

55 tooth is a good choice for off road fun and versatility. Remove charcoal evaporative canister and plumb the two vent lines together, right littletommy?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I forget.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Mel
    I don't know if there is confusion regarding the fuel evaporative canisters on California bikes or not. They are only charcoal filters on the vent lines of the carb and fuel tank. That makes a pretty good filter in my opinion. If you unhook the lines going into the canister, provide some kind of filtration on the end of those open lines. I just left the canisters on all of my bikes. They have no effect on the operation of the bike or settings. I will admit the power jet is set too lean on all of them.

rbm
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on your TW!

Welcome, "Oregonized", too funny, but I like it.

I think our late lizrdbrth use to say the charcoal emissions canister had no ill affect with engine performance. Believe he mentioned this many, many times right? I'd do what littletommy suggested by keeping for that "just in case" moment. Heck, even someone else might have that moment and then you could offer it up.

Now if you remove it because of looks, that would be different, but I don't think you need to remove it if you don't want to.

Again, welcome and take care.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Ha ha, I said to put it in a box somewhere, but I ended up sending mine down south to Mel with some other parts for last years Lizrdbrth get together.
    admiral likes this.

I have one on my TW I don't see any reason to remove it unless I need a bracket to hang an oil cooler on.
    Blueduce likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I didnt notice any difference. the clarke tank didnt have the proper hook up for the canister so mine camae off and just capped the inlet on the carb. Done deal. I have a few of those things from all my bikes.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Sponosred Links