WTB 2002 OR NEWER IN MICHIGAN
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I live in London Ontario, originally from the states and the pickings are slim for the TW's here.I have never bought a bike over the internet and I don't think I want to start now so I am looking for a bike in Michigan so I can make the trek to check the bike out. Hoping to get a decent deal since the border crossing will add $500 plus to the purchase price. Never owned a TW but they look like fun despite the knocks people put on them. Looking forward to owning one and I think its great this forum exists. I'm sure it will be a wealth of good information Hope to hear from someone. Thanks...Shawn-bob

If you're considering a new TW, there's a dealer in Ohio just outside Toledo that advertises 2010 TWs at $2999. I used this as leverage with my dealer here in Lansing last month, and got one for $3300 out the door including an extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobopoet View Post
    If you're considering a new TW, there's a dealer in Ohio just outside Toledo that advertises 2010 TWs at $2999. I used this as leverage with my dealer here in Lansing last month, and got one for $3300 out the door including an extended warranty.

I appreciate the info. I'm not sure that I can buy a new bike in the states and take it across the border. Something about the dealer then being considered an exporter. I would jump all over the deal you got if I thought I could. Over here they want $5200 + 13% tax + Lic + B.S. for a 2011, no thanks. Your deal though does encourage me that I will find a good used ride in Michigan for a fair price. Thanks for the info Hobopoet, please let me know if you hear of anything coming up for sale...Much obliged...Shawn-bob

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If you need a temporary drop off while waiting on paperwork, or any assistance, give me a shout. I'm 5 miles from the Sarnia Bridge, on the Michigan side.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn-bob View Post
    I appreciate the info. I'm not sure that I can buy a new bike in the states and take it across the border. Something about the dealer then being considered an exporter. I would jump all over the deal you got if I thought I could. Over here they want $5200 + 13% tax + Lic + B.S. for a 2011, no thanks. Your deal though does encourage me that I will find a good used ride in Michigan for a fair price. Thanks for the info Hobopoet, please let me know if you hear of anything coming up for sale...Much obliged...Shawn-bob

You might try Cycle Trader. There's also a web site that collects bikes for sale ads from a number of different places. I can't remember the name, but I'm certain someone on this site knows. Good luck!

You might try Cycle Trader. There's also a web site that collects bikes for sale ads from a number of different places. I can't remember the name, but I'm certain someone on this site knows. Good luck!

Bikefinds.com

I just checked Bikefinds.com. Two TWs, one in Toledo that might be promising; another in Michigan that to me sounds very overpriced.

You guy's are great. I have been keeping an eye on bikefinds and craigslist. Hoping Michigan comes through for me as Ohio is almost to far for a one day turn-around. I emailed the guy with the winter special 03 for $1850 in Ohio, said he had a guy coming to look from cleveland this weekend. He said he would call me if still available. Hey Dyno, I really appreciate your offer, that is pretty darn cool. U.S. Customs does want the new title for 72 hours before they will let the bike in which does present a real problem. I just figured I would skip the notification part with the U.S. guy's cause the Canadians don't ask which savesme a double back on the trip. Only way it comes back to haunt me is if I am riding in the states and get a ticket I guess. Going to check out the Michigan bike Hobopet referred to in his post right now. Again, really appreciate all your advice and Dyno, I'll keep youur offer in mind. thanks...Shawn-bob

yikes.. That Rockford Michigan 07 with 2500 mile for $3600 is way out of my league especially after adding my border and travel costs. I like Hobopoet's Toledo dealer for $3300 out the door for the new 2010. Think I will pass on even talking with Rockford. He must have bought his TW here in Ontario.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links