Looking to Buy A TW200 in NJ
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking to Buy A TW200 in NJ

Looking to Buy A TW200 in NJ

Hey guys,

I am brand spanking new to the forum and was referred by Werloc. I have owned my share of different kinds of bikes ranging from a custom (built from the ground 150cc ruckus) to a 600cc yamaha fzr. I have never owned a tw200 but after riding one this previous summer I knew I needed one..

Well thats what this is for. I am looking to buy a tw 200 for around 2K. They pop up sporadically on CL but I figured I would post here as well to double my luck.

you can post here as I will check often or shoot me a PM.

I am located In central NJ and would prefer to pickup in NJ only

thanks guys!

-Mudhugger

Hey Marco, that was quick. Just replied to your PM and added you to my friends list as well. Now you have to recrute that TW owner of the one you rode. I'll also keep my eyes and ears open for a bike for ya. Having a TW close by for a riding buddy is always a good thing. My local riding buddy near me is on a DRZ 400. Craigslist is good for finding bikes, but right now, there aren't any listed due to not being the season yet. As the weather warms up in Spring, more and more will be listed soon. You may have to travel just a little farther out of NJ for a deal on the right bike. I could ride with ya, just let me know. I got a nice price on mine from a fellow member here, and drove 2 hours north of me to lower up state NY. Well worth the drive, that's for sure. If you do find one, ask about it here, and you'll find out real quick if it's worth looking at. Anything you ever need to know, just ask. This place is full of nice people that really know these bikes very well. So you'll at least know it the price is right, and or, worth looking at to buy. Just keep in mind, check CL a few times a day, as deals sell very quick, sometimes within hours of being posted. Early bird gets the TW in this case. I'm sure you know this already.... Good Luck

Welcome to the family.....
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have checked out Bike Finds before.. Good resource but there are definitely some gaps on what is actually for sale compared to what shows up on that site. I have been using SearchTempest which basically takes eBay CL and some other sites and looks in your area.

There's a way to use Searchtempest to find current listings. But, everytime I used it, it showed mostly outdated and canceled and sold TWs. There is a post on here somewhere that shows how to avoid that. You gotta do it the right way, which I guess I wasn't. I just search CL and ebay via iphone Apps because it's so much better than doing it on a computer.
    Last edited by Werloc; 02-27-2015 at 11:17 PM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

rbm
    Hello and welcome! Searchtempest is a good tool BUT, you need to search several diferent ways; TW200, TW-200, TW 200, TRAILWAY, etc... I wouldn't use the date filter, I think it doesn't work properly. I was looking every day, sometimes several times per day for about two months before I found mine two years ago around this time of year. Persistence pays off... Be prepared to move quickly, they don't last long around here.

Hi Mudhugger, if you get info on a bike and don't want it, please forward to me. I would drive to NJ for the right bike. Still debating on new or used. I wonder if in the next few weeks there will be many used owners looking to upgrade to a new or different bike. Thanks

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Searchtempest has always worked for me. Will have to research on the better way to avoid the delisted items.

Ronin2 there seems to be new listing every week with people looking to upgrade to the new models 2015.. I have been on the prowl for a while now since I sold my last bike in December. patience is key especially when looking for a good bike. I passed up a few deals so far because of in detail looks at bikes. Some bikes, even with low miles have been abused or from my experience messed around with. Stock is the way to go because you never know what exactly the owner did to the bike.

I stay away from bikes with exhaust/engine/airbox and electrical mods because in my experience they all seem to have some sort of issues on the used market

There was a 2005 in north NJ for $2,300 and now I can't find the link. I did not respond as I can not make the trip any time soon. Maybe it sold that quick? I think it was posted today.
    Last edited by Ronin2; 03-06-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links