Wanted: 1987 tw200 cdi
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wanted: 1987 tw200 cdi

Wanted: 1987 tw200 cdi

Hey guys, I'm in desperate need of a tw200 CDI. Does anyone have one for sale or know anyone who is selling one? I've tried everything and because of the year it's super hard to find any sort of conversion or parts for this bike. My bike is actually a 96 but I'm located in Canada so I guess Canada didn't change to new ignitions until 98 or maybe even 2001. I have a U.S. Address for shipping so it won't be an issue. It would help a lot! Thanks!

The 87 CDI is way different than any other year and should not be used. If yours is an 96, I would research it by that year.

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on what you find please.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

I'm sorry, I should've clarified. My bike is in fact a 1996 model as verified by the VIN stamped into the engine and frame, but the wiring harness, CDI, Stator, and all of the works of the ignition system are the parts from a 1987 TW. I think the Canadian TW's are different somehow, because my friends 1994 TW has the same ignition as mine. It's super confusing why it is the way it is, but that's just it. Its a 2XJ CDI. So basically I need the 1987 one

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Try these places for new ones:

Partzilla.com - OEM Powersports Parts from Honda, Kawasaki Polaris, Suzuki and Yamaha at discounts up to 80% off MSRP

Stadium Yamaha Your #1 Source for Discount Yamaha Products!

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

There are more places, that's the only ones I can think of right now. The CDI's are costly though. Make sure that is the problem. Match up the part numbers. Hope this helps bro.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I really can't afford a brand new one so that's why I was hoping someone had one it's definitely the CDI, I attempted to cut open a friends CDI that was broken and didn't realize I was holding my CDI and cut it open. One of the dumbest things I've ever done, that's for sure!

Someone might, don't give up yet bro....

TW Brian??? Calling TW Brian!!

Stick around, someone might have one that will work.... Anyone?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I just wanna ride again

At least once a day until you hear something, post something in this thread, it will keep it up top as new stuff to read and someone may come along that has one. You are trying to obtain the rarest CDI around though and they can be almost impossible to find. There is one other option, there is an after market CDI out there that has worked for some, but I can't think who makes it or what it is called...anyone know?

Ignitec is the one I've heard of. I sent them an email and am just waiting for a reply. They seem cheap and getting a programmable cdi would be really neat to play around with
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links