For Sale: '06 TW200 - Well equipped in Central KS
Close

With too many bikes in the garage, the TW isn't getting much ride time. So, I thought I'd list it here for the membership in case someone was looking for a good bike, but lacking the desire, space, ability, etc. to get it set up right.

Picked this up last year as a project to entertain me during the summer and spent the balance of the year performing all the necessary maintenance + a little extra and decking it out. 5568.4 miles on the clock as of today. It's certainly not aesthetically perfect (some road rash on the plastics courtesy of the POs), but it is VERY mechanically sound and runs fantastic. Cylinder pressure was 146 PSI cold last I checked. Valves adjusted.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the swingarm has been drilled with an extra hole for lowering for super short riders. Takes about 3 minutes to switch ride heights back & forth. Lowered it fits really short chics...

If my Excel spreadsheet serves me correctly, the list of to-dos that got done goes a little something like this:

47 Tooth Sprocket

OE Chain

Oring Chain (still waiting to be installed)

GASKET,GENERATOR COVE (fixed oil leak)

GASKET, CYLINDER (base gasket freshly replaced)

GASKET,CYL HEAD 1

Rear brake shoes

Front brake pads

New Rear Tire & tube

Maxxis 6006 front & tube

Rims painted black

New Fork boots

GASKET,EXST PIPE (might be spare, but would have to look...)

TUBE, THROTTLE GUIDE (spare)

JOINT, CARBURETOR 1 (newly replaced)

ELEMENT,AIR CLNR (extra)

ORING, TIMING COVER (extra)

GASKET,CRCS CVR 3 (adjusted clutch)

Oil Filters (2 or 3 extra)

Tusk Rear fender w/ LED tail/brake light

Tusk LED blinkers all around

Tusk LED flasher

Cycle Rack Rear Rack

Tusk Lever Guards

Tusk Handguard Deflectors

MSR ATV High Handlebars

Oversize Foot Pegs

Ricochet Bash Plate

Clark / XT350 Tank

Agri Tool Tube

130 Main Jet

TTR225 Stainless Header

YZ80 Upper Fork tube swap (still have original tubes)

XT225 Speedo Cable

KX250 Stainless black shielded brake line

Progressive Fork Springs + fresh PJ1 10 wt. fork oil (still have original)

FIAM Blaster Horn

Ken Sean folding Enduro Mirrors

That's more or less the gist of it & here's what she looks like except that it has the original muffler back on it & the enduro mirrors installed:

Don't need to sell it by any means, but if someone's got $2350 & looking for a well equipped TW, I've got a clean & clear title in hand.

Cheers,

2006 TW200, LED tail & turn signals, Clarke XT350 tank, hybrid YZ80 forks, CycleRacks rear rack, Ricochet bash plate, TTR225 header, eBay pegs, MSR high ATV bars, Tusk bar risers, Tusk handguards & deflectors, Tusk KX250 stainless brake line, XT225 speedo cable, 14/47 sprockets, Mule-pin seat latches, 130 main, 0.035" shimmed needle, TW34/M6006 meats.

Nice looking bike with a bunch of goodies.. You said it was a project was it crashed before? It looks like some paint missing from the side case.

Quote Originally Posted by Small's View Post
    Nice looking bike with a bunch of goodies.. You said it was a project was it crashed before? It looks like some paint missing from the side case.

"Crashed" is one of those subjective terms for bikes like these I think, LOL! So, crashed in the literal sense of the word, sure. It's definitely went down a couple times, brake lever was bent when I got it, there's some rash on the headlight plastic and a couple little dents in the muffler, and paint's certainly worn away in some areas. It was a "black tagged" bike from the original buyer in Oklahoma, so off-road only for the first few years. I spent about 4 months getting it legally titled in KS, what a mess... And I've put about 2k road miles on it since then. Rides perfect, not a thing functionally wrong with it. Actually, it's functionally outstanding!

I got it to get my feet wet in the world of dirt and have a loaner bike for folks who want to learn how to ride. It's already been dropped before so no shameful feelings if it tips over, it has the cycle rack, lever guards for protection, short turn signals, & there's nothing a newbie can do to hurt it due to a lack of experience.

I gave it the good ol' college try, and dirt's just not my "thing"... Love the thought of it, but there are no trails to explore in the flatlands of KS, my newbies have taken their turn, and I figure that the time may have come to let someone use this little jewel to it's real potential. I've put a TON of time, money, & labor into this thing to make it all it can be. If it doesn't sell, it'll get a Stage 1 cam from Webcams, Powercore 4, & a shock upgrade. However, at the end of the day, that package still won't do what my DL1000 or Ninja 650 will do - for me...and it'll be may years before the kiddos outgrow the TTR90 & BW80. So, it's better to cut the losses as fairly as possible to the next guy and move on.

Perhaps a Versys w/ knobbies might be the next route to try...? At least that will get me TO some trails in Arkansas or Colorado at freeway speeds to boot!

Regardless, if you'd like some better pics of anything or more in-depth explanation of "X", I'd be happy to accommodate.

Cheers,

2006 TW200, LED tail & turn signals, Clarke XT350 tank, hybrid YZ80 forks, CycleRacks rear rack, Ricochet bash plate, TTR225 header, eBay pegs, MSR high ATV bars, Tusk bar risers, Tusk handguards & deflectors, Tusk KX250 stainless brake line, XT225 speedo cable, 14/47 sprockets, Mule-pin seat latches, 130 main, 0.035" shimmed needle, TW34/M6006 meats.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

still for sale?

Still for sale...

Very Interested...could you email more picture, especially of where any damage had occurred.

[email protected]

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by LewisNClarkTrail View Post
    Very Interested...could you email more picture, especially of where any damage had occurred.

[email protected]

Thanks very much.

4.29 MB sent...

I'm looking for another TW for dirt riding exclusive.

I purchased a used 2006 with 2500 miles on her and tons of extras for $2,500.00 last summer.

Your price is fair for what you have done to her.

Let me know if you end up having it around a bit longer. I'm not quite ready to make a trip but soon.

Take care,

Ken
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

SOLD to an awesome guy who just joined the forum - hopefully you'll all see a lot more of him soon!

Thanks Brian, got the bike home no problem. Now I just need to learn how to ride it

Sponosred Links