WTB: 19kgmm Procycle Rear Spring
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: WTB: 19kgmm Procycle Rear Spring

WTB: 19kgmm Procycle Rear Spring

I am 205lb. Add gear and such I am looking for the upgrade. Anyone have the procycle 19kgmm sping they are not longer using? Figured I'd check here 1st before placing the order
    TWilight, PlacerLode and admiral like this.

hmmmm. damn you Mike with all the exp and knowledge.

Mike's right. I'm 210, and the red spring is very firm. I routinely load the bike heavily so it works well for me, but it would be too stiff for just day rides.

That spring was spec'd by Mr Bracket, and he's a big boy.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    I will say, one of the best improvements you can make to the bikes suspension, is to either replace the front fork oil, with better weight oil, AND....bring it up to the correct height, which for you and I would be 125mm from the top..........................OR................... ..do as I finally did, and replace the front springs/spacers, with the ProCycle 70kgmm front springs, with new oil, at the right height.

That made a world of difference.
    And if you really want to have the ultimate in tuneability, add the Gold Valve cartridge emulators! I know a guy who'll give you a deal on them!
    TWilight and littletommy like this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

ok let me empty my procycle cart....damn adding the usb charger isn't gonna scratch the farkle itch.

might the ProCycle White 15kgmm spring option be the better choice then ? or is that the same as the stock yeller spring
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Here is something to try....Take your shock off the bike, measure the installed spring length. Write it down in your notes next to your jetting notes! Now remove your spring and note which position (of 3) the retaining ring is located. Add this info to your notes as well. I would suggest increasing preload by 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. If you like it stiff!....use 3/8. If this can be accomplished with the retainer/grooves great, other wise fab a spacer to do this. Coil bind is not an issue. This is all you need. I weigh over 200 lbs and ride fairly aggressively and I only bottom out the rear if I decide to get too much air. Which means more than 2 feet off the ground. Both end run thru travel too fast but the rear is the worst of the two.

I have made the same basic suggestions for the front springs as well. As far as I know no one else has even tried this....If you have more dollars than sense.....
    PlacerLode and littletommy like this.

Mr Light you KNOW I don't read past the first sentence so could you please limit your posts to 147 characters moving forward
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

I put the red spring in and found it held the back of my bike too high and made the seat angle hard on my back. it was great for 2 up, but I don't do that very often. I finally lowered the retaining clip on the shock to the lowest setting and that lowered the seat just about enough and the red spring still gives me enough strength for 2 up riding. it rides all most like a Cadillac now ( not that I like anything but ford)
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by EWB View Post
    I am 205lb. Add gear and such I am looking for the upgrade. Anyone have the procycle 19kgmm sping they are not longer using? Figured I'd check here 1st before placing the order
    EWB because you backed away from ordering a new different spring I'll offer you another option for a stiffer rear shock. In the photo below, I moved the wire spring retainer from the middle groove to the top groove. This has made it ride stiffer. Originally I had also added a spacer approximately 3/4" thick I fabricated from a blue plastic 15 gallon barrel. Later I swapped this shock from my 2005 TW to the 2015. At the time of the swap I either removed the blue spacer or lowered the wire spring retainer back to the middle groove. I can't remember which without looking.

My point is, if you go this cheaper route, experiment and only do 1 of these adjustments at a time, not both like I did. Moving the wire spring retainer up a groove would be quicker. If you move the wire spring retainer to the lowest groove this should soften and may even lower the rear end some but I haven't done that so I don't know for fact only what our past forum member lizrdbrth mentioned way back when.

Just be aware if you were to go this route you have to remove the spring from the shock. Even if you bought and installed one of the springs from Procycle you would still have to remove the spring. I'm not suggesting you use what I did to remove the spring (ratchet straps) but the way I rigged the ratchet straps the only danger was the spring/shock falling over. The straps held the spring from rocket launching anywhere. You need to remove the spring retaining plate at the top of the spring in order to remove the spring which is why you need to compress the shock spring. You will have to put the spring retainer plate back on once you place the spring back over the shock.

I have been pleased with this setup over the stock setup. The stock setup is way to soft for by body size. Good luck with whatever direction you decide.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links