Iso: Tw200
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Iso: Tw200

Red face Iso: Tw200

Hey everyone! First I'm a female and have been riding dirt bikes for a few years. I want a dual sports bike and the TW looks like the best option for me. I've been searching for a TW200 for a while now so I thought I would try my luck on here. I am in the Kansas City area and only have about 2000+/- to spend. I want something made in the last 10 year if possible! Also something under 4,000 miles. If someone has any leads let me know! I saw the one in Andover KS unfortunately I had surgery this morning and he's got a big for the weekend. Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi there

Welcome aboard! You will love a TW should you get one. I'm sure people here will go out of there way to help you. They are the best kind

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Khou View Post
    Hey everyone! First I'm a female and have been riding dirt bikes for a few years. I want a dual sports bike and the TW looks like the best option for me. I've been searching for a TW200 for a while now so I thought I would try my luck on here. I am in the Kansas City area and only have about 2000+/- to spend. I want something made in the last 10 year if possible! Also something under 4,000 miles. If someone has any leads let me know! I saw the one in Andover KS unfortunately I had surgery this morning and he's got a big for the weekend. Thanks for the help in advance!

Welcome to the forum I think you made a great choice with the TW good luck on the hunt !
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Welcome Khou! We have a number of female riders here, but all of us share love and appreciation for the little t-dub. Fyi, all of them from model year 2001 through today are ALL EXACTLY THE SAME...well except for colors. Pre-2001 models are still great, but just have some small differences such as a drum front brake (vs. a disc), a slide carb (vs. a CV carb), a stock kickstarter in addition to the electric (though the newer bikes can add the parts to add a kicker), and the newer bikes have the latest and strongest electrical system.

Good luck with your search!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Welcome!!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Cool Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am already learning I always appreciate new information. I am really impressed with this forum so far.

Welcome from NY.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Cool

I live in between Kansas City Kansas and Kansas City MO! It's equal distances for me to both. I am less than a 4 hour drive Omaha, NE Witchita, KS Springfield, MO. and Southern Iowa. I can also make it to Tulsa OK, and parts of Illinoise pretty easily!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Khou, welcome to the greatest show on earth.

Kansas City...Kansas ? Or Kansas City...Misery ? (Missouri)

We need to know which one, so we can assist you in your search.

They are out there but if they are a good deal the TW will move fast so you need to be diligent and ready to pounce when you do find a deal on one. I scored a 2003 with just over a thousand miles in very clean shape for $2,000. I was the first to call and go look at it 2 1/2 hours away with cash in my pocket. The guy had numerous calls already by the time I arrived. He was asking $2,500 and told me these others were willing to go full price. But I was there with the cash and they were still talking so he decided on the sure thing and knocked $500 off.

There are many of these bikes that people just let sit in a garage but the problem is lucking into one. That said, they can be very rare and harder to find in certain parts of the US and I live in one of those areas. I'd say they are not real common in your area also. I have seen them occasionally on CL here still but they seem to go fast if they are priced decently. Some clowns have a 5 year old used TW listed for $500 less than a new one costs with 5K miles on the speedo. Personally I'd spring the extra $500 and get a new one in that case. I have seen these bikes price range from $1,800 for two matching older 1990 models to $2,500 to $3,500 for nice used bikes to almost new prices. It is a crap shoot. The two for one price I was ready to jump on but was beaten. I would have bought both and then resold one for what I paid for two and had a free TW. I still look for deals on them just to see what is out there. I am in KY 35 miles SW of Cincinnati and about 50 miles north of Lexington, KY. I never see TW's out and about.

These are fun little bikes and I get more chatter at the gas pumps and such when I stop than any other bike I've owned. They have a cult following and you have reached out to the right place for anything and everything you would want to know or need right here. There are many very knowledgable long time (as in decades) owners and TW riders here. Good Luck and Welcome! Be patient and keep looking. The farther you are willing to go for the right deal the better your odds are. I had been looking for awhile and missed out on a couple of deals before I found mine. My TW was a Michigan bike that migrated south to a ways north of Columbus, OH. I'm the 3rd owner and the 2nd only had it a couple of years. Rode it one summer a few hundred miles is what he told me. Also got it to accompany his young son on his ATV. I found old paperwork on the bike so the story adds up. Dude wanted a bigger bike. The TW is fine on the road and great off road. They have a bit to be desired on higher speed roads and are a no go on freeways, etc; Just so you know. They are great on back roads and such or comfortable anywhere 55 MPH and under.
    Last edited by 87bags; 05-21-2016 at 08:07 AM.
    Ride Safe.......You're the BUMPER!Hidden Content

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2009 Honda 420 Rancher 4x4
    Hill Billy Bags

Welcome from Wichita. I saw the TW on CL in Andover. That looked like a decent deal to me. I would think two grand would be a reasonable price on it if he hasn't sold yet.
    littletommy likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links